I admit that I never had any contact with people that are suffering from some personality problems and I was more really surprised to hear that one of my business acquaintances has borderline disorder. Honestly, I could not see there is anything wrong going on with her. What is the moment when borderline disorder happens?

Well, it is not yet certain why does this disorder happens. There are doctors who are firm in their opinion that childhood trauma is the main reason for the occurrence of this condition (sexual, or any other physical or psychological form of abuse). Some will say that genes are involved in the etiology and some claim that the problems with neurotransmitter levels might be the cause.

Well, whatever it is, it is quite obvious that the person we are talking about is under a therapy and it is apparently an effective one, considering that there are no clear signs and symptoms. There are several very successful therapies that, combined with medications, can hold this condition under control. Without it, there is a high risk of slipping into some more dangerous mental condition.

Avoiding an abandonment (doesn't matter if it is real or not), unstable behavior with idealization and devaluation (extremes), sometimes delusions, suicidal thoughts, impulsive behavior (promiscuity, eating issues, problem with drugs etc); there are all just a part of the symptoms that characterize BPD. And since those are not shown, the prognosis for that business partner of yours is very good.