Hi i have had a sore throat for about a week then i went to the doctors and was told that i had borderline strep throat which i understand i now have however, recently i have had violent sickness and diorrehea and surely this can not be a symptom of the strep throat. what else could it be?

i:

When strep throat has hit my family, the doctor stressed that you MUST take the medication until it's gone, even if you are feeling fine. Did you do that? Strep throat, that is not cured, can turn into a serious heart condition. I would imagine that there would be other symptoms before that. I would get back to the doctor immediately. My son had strep throat recently and he was flat on his back, very, very sick. Have you notified the doctor of the additional symptoms?

I had pharyngeal strep a few years back and during that time I was very sick. Couldn't get out of bed for nearly a week. Borderline strep throat should be treated just like the full-blown thing. You must take the medication prescribed, get plenty of rest, and push fluids. Due to the changes in your system, have you contacted your doctor? Normally diarrhea doesn't accompany strep throat but you could be having a reaction to the strep medication. Something to consider, but you should definately see your physician again due to the symptoms changes.

Best of luck to you and I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Hi:
How are you feeling now? Did you get the strep throat under control? What were you prescribed. If there was something else going on, what was it? I hope that you did get medication and that you took ALL of it. I agreed with you that some of your symptoms didn't seem to be related to strep throat. Please let us know what you found out and how you were treated. I hope that all is well with you now. We will be waiting to hear from you.