Hi, I work in an office where one of my co-workers has strep throat. I am 7 months pregnant, and am feeling sick. How dangerous is this situation? I have heard many different things.

Hello! I had strep throat when I was 5 months pregnant and I was treated for it. My doc said it was no big deal. However, it shouldn’t be so wise to get it for your own sake, it is not something that I enjoyed during my pregnancy.

You should stay as away as possible from your co-worker. Don’t let her/him cough, sneeze near you, nor should you shake hands, use the same glasses, utensils, towels, and wash your hands as often as possible. His/Her glasses and utensils should be washed in warm, soapy water and make her/him use only one glass/cup during the illness.

The bacteria are present in the nose and throat and you may easily get it unless you are careful. Is s/he taking antibiotics? S/he should even stay at home until antibiotics started working or until her/his doctor said it was ok to do so.

hello! i am 6 months pregnant and have been on antiobiotics FOUR times. two of the times were from strep which i have had twice in a two month period. it seems that every three weeks i have a cold, weird sickness with a fever, strep, or some other weird illness. i drink plenty of water, we eat pretty healthy foods, i take my vitamins, try to keep my house clean, we all wash our hands often, i dont' get it?! i do have 3 kids that attend elementary school and a lot of it stems from them. just wondering if anyone had any suggestions??

Keep a bottle of hand sanitizer next to your door and make them use it immediately upon returning home from school before they touch anything and again when they are done with homework. Keep yourself and your children well dosed with vitamin C... you can actually get this in a chewable form that kids love. Teach your kids how to politely avoid sick kids... other than that there's not much you can do. Good luck.