Hello! When I was child I had removed my tonsils. Now, I want to know following; can you get strep throat without having your tonsils. I am asking you this because my children have strep throat and I am afraid for myself because I know that this disease is very contagious. I hope that you will help me with this. Thanks!

Hello! Unfortunately, I have not good news for you. Namely, I can tell you for sure that you can get strep throat even you do not have tonsils. With removing tonsils you prevent tonsillitis, not other infections. But, if you get strep throat, I am sure that your doctor will prescribe you appropriate treatment. :-)

Hello if your children continuously have strep throat they may have ulcers. I know this first hand because i have had strep on and off again for the past year. Ask your doctor about a pennicilin it will kill the strep virus. Also to make the experience more comfortable give your children motrin to calm the fever! :-D

When I was younger I used to always get strep throat so the doctor told me to get my tonsils out. While this doesn't eliminate the possibility of getting strep throat, it makes you less likely to contract it.