Can somebody tell me if strep throat in pregnancy could be dangerous for that's what I have and I am now 23 weeks pregnant and am pretty much concerned over this strep throat in pregnancy? And it seems like I need some med treatment and I have here at home some cephalexin that is undiluted yet for I got it in receipt few months ago but have used it and now I am thinking of taking it to treat this strep throat but am nit sure if I could be using it in pregnancy?

Well I think that cephalexin is pretty much safe in pregnancy and it would surely treat your strep throat but it is always better to check it out first with your doc. I think that it is proven that cephalexin is not harmful to the unit born babies and yet again I also think that it is better treating strep throat even in pregnancy for if it is about some more severe form of strep throat infections it could turn into serious complications such as rheumatic fever if not treated and if so it is more dangerous for the pregnancy. Anyway you better go see a doc just to make sure what have caused you this strep throat in pregnancy –it could be some viral or bacterial infection and if it some mild strep throat condition caused by some virus than no treatment is needed at all, it would go away on its own in a few days causing no complications regarding your pregnancy.