Please give me some advice!!.. I had breast implants 3 weeks ago and since then they have been completely numb (not just the nipples! - both breasts entirely). My surgeon has been on holiday since the op so I've had no-one to ask. I'm so scared that this is a permanent loss of feeling.... XX

I had breast lift with augmentation on March 15th and my nipples, and a portion of my right breast are numb as well. I can start to feel some sensation coming back to my nipples, but not even close to normal. I'm hoping this will resolve itself. My doctor wasn't very helpful. he just kind of shrugged his shoulders and said, sometimes the feeling comes back in 6 - 8 weeks and sometimes it never does!

I had breast augumentation 7 wks ago,im allso very frightened as both my breasts are still numb from the nipple down,im going to see my surgeon tommorow,so i will leave you know how i get on,

I can't beleive you guys have doctors who hung you out to dry. Here is what I know. I had to have a double mastectomy, which is way above and beyond augmentation. I also have had reconstruction. Of course, I was told there would be great and permanent loss of sensation to the breasts. That said, any time you have surgery, nerves as going to be damaged or at least stunned by the trauma of it. The good news is, that they do seem to recover but it does take time. It may take a few months even. I have a great plastic surgeon who has always kept me in the know. Both of us were surprised by how much sensation I have gained back to the skin in the breast area, it was not what we were expecting. I would give it time if I were you gals, I'd be pretty confident that you all will be back to normal sooner or later. Be patient and keep smiling.

I had breast augmentation June 2007 and both breast are numb. I have no feeling at all.

It is very troubling and my doctor said there is nothing I can do - except live wtih it.

If anyone knows of any remedies for this please email back. This has changed my life for the worse.

Thank you.

I am soooo upset about the numbness in my nipples and also I have about 1/3 of my breast still numb. I am 9 mo po and had 350 cc's saline under the muscle with the incision in the areola. I asked my ps if that incision had a higher rish of numbness and he said it wasn't any different than any other incision. I am so mad!!! I wouldn't have minded at all if I had a scar in the crease. Why would drs. even do the areola site if there is more chance of numbness??

I am also 9 mo post op, 350cc gummy bears w/ areola incision. My breast are also about 1/3 numb (bottom) but my nipples are so sensitive that it hurts for anything to touch them. I moved so the only thing my dr can say is he doesn't know what the problem is and to go have a mammo done.

i had 350 cc silicone implants 3 weeks ago, and i still have no feeling in the outer lower part of my breasts, and really sensitive nipples. i guess its normal, it just takes time:(

Nerve damage is a known and very common outcome of breast surgery. When nerves are cut, they don't reconnect. If they're cut near the surface, they may grow back far enough to eventually regain function. If they're cut deep enough, the loss of functionality might be permanent. Your physician should have informed you of this, as a part of informed consent. You might want to go back and more carefully ready whatever you were asked to sign before the procedure was done.

I had breast reduction fourteen years ago. My doctor said that probably half of the feeling should return a few months down the road. Fourteen years later I have about 10% feeling in my breasts. The only time I feel anything is if you were to pinch really hard. I would say if the feeling does not return within a couple months then it will not return. Doctors really need to be more specific before these types of surgery's.

I am only 2 weeks post op right now from an auto-augmentation (breast lift); I have numbness from under my left armpit down the side of my left breast and both nipples have absolutely NO sensation right now. I did not get any implants. Someone please tell me this gets better. I have a lot of nerve-type pains in that left side as well.

Hey Everyone, no worries I have a wonderful doctor he told me during my consultation that is may take 6 months to get feeling back in your nipples. And he said that numbness in boobs is normal for the first 4-6 weeks. Later

I had my BA 6 years ago and it is only over the last two years that i have regained sensation in my breasts.

I understood that they would be somewhat numb for the first month or two post surgery but after 6 months i had to accept that i probably wasn't going to be feeling much in them ever - but thought that was the price to pay for actually having some boobs now.

But i was delighted when i started to regain sensation in them and now i can actually feel them when they are touhed - it's delightful! I'd love them to be bigger but don't want to risk losing sensation for the sake of another BA - so that's me done and happy.

I had implants done almost 3 years ago..cut under the breast,.nipples are still numb and so is the area below..I got a full C...

I've had my silicone (gummy bear) implants for almost a year and still have numbness on about 1/3 of each breast and my nipples are so sensitive some days, that showering hurts. I am still happy with the look of them BUT they do irritate me everyday.