I am planning to do breast augmentation and would like to know what is ahead of me. Also, does medicine ephedrine has anything to do with the procedure of breast augmentation? Can you tell me more about breast augmentation sizes?

Ephedrine is a sympathomimetic amine commonly used as a decongestant and it is an alkaloid derived from various plants that are in the genus Ephedra. Ephedrine’s principal mechanism of action relies on its indirect action on the adrenergic receptor system and it is found in many popular weight control products that have been banned. Some of the serious adverse effects associated with this drug include hypertension, stroke and myocardial infarct. Breast augmentation sizes come in many shapes, sizes, and forms and different breast augmentation sizes will be chosen depending on the patient's goal. These sizes are referred to as ccs, or the amount the implant is filled. The higher ccs is, the larger the breast augmentation sizes are. If you are planning to have a surgery, I advise you to talk to your doctor about it and ask him what ever you want to know. Also, he can tell you if the ephedrine has to do anything with the procedure of breast augmentation.

I am not a doctor, but I just had "smart lipo" done on my abdomen and thighs. I was instructed to discontinue the use of all supplements 10 days to 1 month prior to surgery. Many seemingly harmless supplements (like fish oil, etc) can thin your blood. Ephedrine would likely do the same, which could potentially lead to excessive bleeding during your procedure. I hope that you discussed this with your surgeon and that everything turned out well for you! :-)