I am 28 years old and I have always had a regular period, very heavy for 7 day and sore breasts 1 week before and about 2 days into a period. The day my period was due I experienced light brown spotting, I figured I caught my period right when it started. But then that was it. THen the next day I had very light reddish almost pink spotting. So I looked on the internet, saw all these articles about implantation bleeding and went to the dollar store and bought 2 tests. Both negative. Here I am 4 days later, tender breasts, and no sign of my normal period. What should I do?

Try taking another test in a few days - sometimes it takes a while for the hormone to be strong enough to get a positive test. Your period may not have turned up if you stressed or have been unwell.

I have had exactly the same problem. I was put on metformin to regulate my periods last April. I've had regular periods with and without the metfomin. December was the last month I had my cycle. My husband and I are trying to conceive. January 11th I was supposed to start. A few days prior I had extremely light brown spotting only when I wiped. I took two dollar store hpt's and both came out negative. I still haven't gotten my period. I hope I am pregnant but I don't think that I am. Anyone have any advice?

Yup. Light spotting, AKA an implantation bleeding, does happen right at the time you were expecting your menstrual period sometimes, though it usually happens slightly before, and if you have noticed that your bleeding doesn't resemble your monthly bleeding, you could well be onto something there. Tender breasts or nipples are another very common early pregnancy symptom. 

So... could it be that you took the test a tad too early? Would you wait a week and then take another test? That one should give you all the info you really need. If it comes back negative again, see your doctor for hormonal or other issues. 

HELP!
My period is now 3 weeks late, my breast are incredibly sensitive and swollen, I've been feeling very nausea to the point of wanting to vomit and ive been very emotional and moody also at times ive been getting hot flashes. However, I took a pregnancy test and it said negative.
What explains my symptoms? Can i still be pregnant? %-)

yes it is very possible for you to still be pregnant my mom had negative tests until she was six months pregnant with my sister.