Hi everyone, 

I'm 22 years old and I have been taking Cerazette (mini pill) now for about 2 years. I was prescribed Cerazette by my doctor due to my severe weight issue, I am currenly over a BMI of 50 and therefore any other pill would put me at risk. 

For the past 2 years Cerazette has been perfect for me, I had stopped having periods altogether and I didn't have many other side effects. About 2 weeks ago I woke up to find that I had very light brown discharge/spotting, only enough to be seen as a wiped and no sanitary towel was necessary. I carried on to have this discharge very lightly but it did tend to stop and start. About 2 days later I woke up and to my suprise I had a very light red bleed, again not enough for a sanitary towel and it was gone and back to brown within a few hours. Since then the discharge/spotting has stayed the same and has been a mixture of red and brown, however predominantly brown. 

About a week after the first sign of spotting I began to develop very minor cramping and a sense of pressure in my lower abdomen. I also experienced a very sharp pain in what I believe to be my right ovary (but I cant be for certain) whilst on the toilet. 

Today I still have the cramping and pressure, however the spotting has become very light and barely noticeable and is still very much on and off. I do intend to go to the gp about this however I suffer from really bad health anxiety and therefore I was hoping someone might have some idea of what is going on.

Thanks :) 

I forgot to mention that a couple of days ago I took a pregnancy test which came back as negative. I have not missed any pills and at the most have not taken them at exactly the same time everyday, however I've been like this ever since I began taking cerazette but yet I have never experienced any of these symptoms.

How odd. I’m also on Cerazette (or similar - now Desogestrel) and am having exactly the same thing. Also some back ache which seems linked. I’ve worried myself quite a lot about it as I’ve been on the pill for 8 years and never had anything like this. I also feel bloated and amost like I might have trapped wind.

Yeah I'm on Desogestrel too and I'm glad I'm not the only one. How old are you if I may ask? Since I posted this the sense of pressure in my abdomen has gone away and the cramping almost has also apart from the occasional little flare up. I still have some discharge which has a mix of brown or red blood but it has got extremely light and is more off than on at this point. I don't feel fully out of the woods yet and its always a worry when something out of the ordinary happens to your body. I hope that what you're experiencing does improve like mine did, I think the best thing you can do right now is try to de-stress and see where that can take you, sometimes it can do wonders for these things!