Hello All,

I was wondering if maybe anyone had any insight on this. I am 17 weeks pregnant with my first child and have been spotting brown for about a week now on and off. There has been a few times when I have used the restroom that a good bit has come out but then it goes right back to spotting, (usually just when I wipe after using the restroom)
At 16 weeks, I went to the DR to find out why and he advised that I have a low lying placenta which could be causing some of the bleeding or that some of my placenta has torn off but thats Okay too because the placenta is so big, the baby doesnt need all of it. I have no cramps, pains, clots, ect. The DR says he cant fix it and cant give me the guarantee I am looking for that everything will be okay. The baby has a strong heartbeat of 152 but I can barely feel him/her yet so I cant reassure myself that everythings okay. Is there something that I should be doing to supplement my blood loss? Even though it is old blood, I am still loosing it.....right? I'm afraid I'm worrying myself to death for no reason.
Any help insight on this would be appreciated!
Thanks guys!

As long as you maintain a steady healthy diet and keep up with your prenatal medication, your body will create blood at the same rate your "old" blood is being excreted. Theres really no reason to worry at this point. If at any time you begin to spot with bright blood, or "new" blood, you should seek medical attention from your doctot immedietly. A low lying placenta is more common than you think.