I was a few days late for my period and went for a pregnancy test on tuesday and it came out positive, the nurse said i could possibly be about 5 weeks on at the most.
but today (saturday) i began to bleed a little bit, not heavy but heavier than spotting, like when your period starts btu only a little bit but enough to wear a pad, i havent soaked a pad or anything and it all started at about 3pm this afternoon and its now midnight.
the blood is red, although not thick and has no clots.
i have an appointment with my doctor this week.
I'm not sure if i have cramping but i have suspected IBS and am constipated so i have a strange feeling in my lower stomach but i get that quite a bit anyways, i normally have tablets to control the pain incase it gets worse but i cannot take them due to the fact i am pregnant.
its not cramping, its more like a tight feeling.
the bleeding occurred today, but i had sex twice last night and i felt really tight, sorry to be blunt, could that have anything to do with it?
i'm frightened, but i have read alot on this site that has controlled my anxiety i know i still need to see a doctor and i will but has anyone experienced anything like this and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy?
my mum says its common and since its not heavy or affecting me much apart from giving me a fright i should leave it a day or two to see how it goes and to get plenty of rest and if it gets havier or i experience any pain i should see a doctor immediately.
does anybody else think this is a good idea?
my period was due only on the 7th so maybe implantation bleeding? or is it too late for that? because the nurse said 5 weeks at the most so i dont know what to think.
i am only 18 so dont really want to discuss with my friends as they have no clue and my mum doesnt want me to panic as that will make me stressed.
please help if you can
thank you
S*

im not sure what is going on but i should of started on the 28th of december and i went to the doctor and they told me that i was 5 weeks also... i have been spotting and it like every other day and i too have IBS...i dont have cramps but yet the tight feeling...im 21 now and when i was 18 i had a miscarriage...so i am to worried that i might lose my baby again. I have called my doctor several time and he told me that i shouldnt worry and that bleeding isnt normal but does happen to many people during the first trimesters...he said that somepeople will bleed the whole nine months, even though that in someway made me feel a little better im still worried and will worry until they give me a real answer saying that me and my baby are fine and i will carry for the full 9 months.... i wish you luck and god bless

I am about six and a half weeks pregnant. I have had brown discharge since the day I found out I was pregnant. I now am having red blood. I have miscarried before and assumed that was what it was. I went to my Dr. yesterday and they found a fetus with a heart beat. I'm now on bed rest and am very anxious. I get worried about every move I make even going to the bathroom . The dr. told me that because she saw the heartbeat it was a good sign. So has anyone gone through this and I hope the ladies with the spotting are ok. Its been 3 weeks since I started w/ discharge and about 3 days with red blood not enough to fill or soak a pad mostly in the am. and during the day when I wipe .

im 22yrs and 8 weeks pregnant, went to the toilet this morning and noticed a small blood clot that was no bigger than a 5p peice, phoned my midwife and told her about what i was experiencing, she told me that she will get somebody to call me the next day to bring me into hospital to have a scan for my reasurrance, midwife told me that it may not be anything to worry about as its quiet common in the first stages of pregnancy, me and my partner lost our baby last year when i was 23 weeks pregnant due to a diaphragmatic hernia and ended up having a still birth, luckily it was not genetic, so obviously we are very nervous about this pregnancy but over the moon, but deep down we hope everything will be ok,

Hello. I am 19 weeks pregnant and at about 7 weeks I began spotting. It was never enough to get on my panties, but it was basically just there when I peed and wiped (it was in the toilet and on the toilet paper) I lost a baby about 5 years ago, so naturally I was scared (as any pregnant woman would be). I went to my doctor appt. at about 10 weeks and she did an ultrasound. It turned out that I had a "pocket" of fluid (blood) outside of where the baby is. The doctor said a substantial amount of pregnant women have this and it leaks out. But she said the only time they worry about it is if the pocket of fluid is over half the size of the uterus. Mine was not a portion of the size. The spotting stopped and it looks like I am on my way to continuing with a healthy pregnancy. Good luck!

hello i am 22 i have 2 children and i am pregnate with my 3rd i just found out and i can only be about 5 weeks at the most i have had 2 miscarages before but even with my healthy pregnancys i bleed through them. same with this pregnancy i hop eeverything works out for the best but things ar ement to happen for a reason. if i wouldn' t have had my two miscarages i would not have my one year old now so i hope everything works out for you!

hello all . I have the same concern about bleeding . I have been spotting and since I am still in the 1st trimester and so was very concerned. Even though its my first pregnancy and just like all of us I rely on information from posts and from reading about symptoms of the web ,
Each pregnancy is unique and what maybe a common symptom for one may lead to a complication in another . Please do not ignore any signs of bleeding or cramps , pain in the abdomen . A monitor of blood HCG levels along with an ultrasound is the only best indicator to let you know if the baby is healthy and the pregnancy is going to be maintained.
Bleeding can be due to Implantation bleeding , Bleeding from fibroid , polyps , vaginal bleeding .
The heart beat of the baby indicates the baby is doing fine at that moment .. but if you continue bleeding and all other risk factors have not been covered ....I would be concerned and would advice you to talk to you r doctor about it . Good luck and have a safe and healthy pregnancy .

I am only about 5 weeks pregnant and 39 years of age. I took a PG test at 4 wks and it came up positive after missing my period. i am on clomid, so I know exactly when I am starting my cycles every month. This am I started to feel cramps and when I went to bathrm I noticed blood in my urine, enough to scare me. I have to use a pad all day today and cant get into my Drs until Monday. I have a 20 month old daughter and bled with her too, not realizing I was PG. I heard this can be common, esp early on but I fear it can be a moiscarriage too!!! I am on pins and needles since it has taken over a year and 3 rounds of clomid to get PG this time...confused and hopeful at the same time. I am not sure do I tak another PG test before I see my Dr Mon? A few of my friends bled during pregnancy like they were getting their period, and then came up they were still PG. Hope I still am.

I am 10 weeks where i am i cant get to my doctor yet so maybe you guys can hhelp me...I started bleeding yesterday not alot just spotting i dont even have to change my pad i only change it to get a new one on, i went to the hospital here an there retarded they didnt know how to find the heart beat and they didnt even know if i am or not having a miscarriage, i have no cramps or pain, i dont know whats going on with me until I can get to my doctor.....????????????????????????????

Hi ladies, I'm experiencing something similar too, light/ normal bleeding with a few clots it goes from light to normal to nothing and back and forwards. I went hospital 5 nights ago and they said I was fine. But still worried should I be I have slight cramps that don't last even a minute and it took me 5 days to fill a pad and a half? The blood is red to brownish to dark red I'm so worried for my baby !

my period was due the 7 of this month it was a couple days late so i took a pregnancy test and it came back positive then i went to my family doctor he said i might be from 4-5 weeks pregnant i scheduled an appointment with the ob its next week but today i started bleeding yesterday i wiped and it was really really light brown then this morning i had red blood but not on my pad just when i wipe and when  i pee its noticable i really want this baby i dont want to loose it has anyone experienced this the exact way or close to this?

Yes I'm experiencing that too but I have nothing on my pad but not sure yet if I'm pregnant

Can you tell me what happened with this situation? I am experiencing something similar.