I am ten weeks pregnant with my first baby. This morning after I peed I notice a few drops of bright red blood. I was intstantly in a panic and called my midwife who explained to me what to expect if I went on to have a miscarriage and also that it is not too uncommon for women to conitinue on with a normal pregnancy. I was so upset, but tried to remain optimistic. But then about four hours later I began to have very light cramping. Of course my mind is convinced that I am going to miscarry and I have been unable to stop crying. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience of very light bleeding and off an on light cramping simotaneously and still gone on to carry the baby healthily? I won't know until later this week when I have an ultrasound and in the meantime I feel like my entire world is crashing around me. Anyone who has gone through this or knows of someone who has that may have any thoughts or insight would be appreciated. Blessings to everyone!!

I'm sorry you are have such a rough time. It probably isn't 'normal' to bleed or cramp with a pregnancy but then when have any of us been entirely 'normal'.
I have 5 children. I bled (not just spotting) for the first 3 months with each of them. I had some cramping and with the first I was sure I was having a miscarriage. I even passed some big clots of bright blood.
Today that baby boy is 27 years old and perfectly healthy. And back then ultrasounds were not high tech and couldn't give me a good answer.

I'll be thinking of you and hoping that everything turns out okay. Let us know!
:-)

I had a brown discharge last Tuesday. Then last night at 3:30 a.m. I went to the bathroom to see pink/red spotting when I wiped. I also had terrible cramping. I became so upset I woke up my husband telling him that I was losing our baby that we have tried to have for five years. I went in for an ultrasound this morning and they siad I am measuring 6wks 2 days when we thought I was 7 wks 2 days. However, there was a strong heartbeat and they said that if I didn't say I was spotting they would say it looks to be a normal healthy fetus. So I have kept off my feet today and will do the same tomorrow. I am so nervous as I am 40 years old and we have tried so long for this baby. We have done all the fertitlity treatments without success and this was a surprise pregnancy for us. I have not had anymore spotting today but still have the cramps and back pains so I am trying to remain positive after seeing that beautiful heartbeat today. Anyone else have these issues and go on to have a full pregnancy?

2 weeks ago I started with brown spotting. i miscarried before so i thought that it was happening again. I went to Emergency and they did all the relevant tests with an Ultrasound. My urine came back clean and the baby had a heartbeat, I was 6 weeks and 3 days. I was told to go home and rest. But come the following week I was still having really bad cramps and more bleeding especially in my back and thigh area. I went back to my doctor who referred me to an OBS/Gyne he ordered another HCG test and ultrasound. I really believed I miscarried because of the discomfort. But with the 2nd ultrasound this baby's heart is still beating and he/she is growing. I am now 8 weeks pregnant. Not knowing is the worse part of all of this. Last night and yesterday was the worst day by far. I passed 3 large clots with the same bleeding. I am just at a loss. I have a beautiful 3 year old daughter who needs me now and I can't be a mommy. I need to know why I am bleeding. I always had regular pap tests. Getting scared something worse is gonna happen to me.

This is my second pregnancy, the first one being 16 and a half years earlier. Then, I missed all the signs because for the first two months I was running around after my father who was dying. This time round I'm in happier circumstances but I find that 3 weeks into this pregnancy I am not only spotting but also lightly cramping. Yesterday evening I took a pregnancy test and it showed positive which my husband and I were very happy about. However, earlier this afternoon there was a proper show of blood, not flowing, but just when I wiped. This is the heaviest blood I've seen so I went to the clinic and had two tests taken - the first had a faint but visible line, the second had no line proving to be a negative. I am going to try not to panic, I shall wait until the end of next week before testing myself again, as the nurse suggested being as it is still early days.
I know bleeding in pregnancy is not a common occurrance but there isn't any reason why I shouldn't go on to full term and have a healthy baby, is there?

I took a pregnancy test, It showed up positive, So then I took another one and it said positive.. Now I am bleeding, very lightly and only when i go to the bathroom.. I was freaking out but my mom and my friend got on the internet and started looking around and it is said to be very common to lightly spot in the first trimester of your pregnancy. But DO NOT have sexual intercourse or use a tampon when you are spotting.. It can cause Miscarriage or irritation of your cervix which is not good either. So I feel your pain girls.. Its scary. This is my first pregnancy and I pray to everything holy that this goes the way it is supposed to.

It is so good to read that you are not the only one experiencing this. I am now 7 weeks pregnant and today I started feeling light cramps and bleeding. I am very nervous about it. I called my OB/GYN office and I have an appointment for tomorrow. As all of you I really don't want to loose my baby. I hope this cramping and bleeding are not indicative of a mascarriage.

I am 7 weeks pregnant with my second child.  A couple of days after I found out I was pregnant, around 4 weeks, I had what looked to be implantation bleeding.  With my son, I bled for about a day or so.  It was very light spotting and only when I wiped.  However, it has not stopped this time.  I have been bleeding for about 3 weeks now.  Sometimes there will be a drop or two in my underwear throughout a day, light pink to brownish blood on the toilet paper when I wipe, and sometimes there is nothing at all for a day or two.  It often has tiny fleshy specks in it (maybe one or two per wipe).  I feel 100% pregnant, and know that I have not miscarried, but am worried I might.  I do not have any harsh or constant pain, but about once a week or so, there will be light sharp pains in my lower left abdomen and sometimes in different areas.  I'm thinking that the pains are just my uterus growing.  I have a doctors appointment in 3 weeks, which is a long time.  I will respond if anything happens, or when I see my doctor.  Follow-ups are so important for women that are going through what we are.

I am supposed to be 6 weks 2 days pregnant. My pregancy tests (3) have been positive, and my body feels completely pregnant. I had a 2nd ultrasound Wednesday, and we cannot see a fetus or yolk sac, only a sac that appears to be empty. This is so bizarre. Oh yeah... I had an IUD too; so, this pregnancy was unexpected, but I am fine with the news and would want a healthy pregnancy. The IUD was able to be safely removed during my initial prenatal visit. I apparently may be experiencing a molar pregnancy. We are waiting two weeks to be sure a fetus will not develop, and this waiting is awful. Today, I have been having serious cramps in my lower abdomen, not light cramps and worse than normal cramps. I am convinced I am having a miscarriage, and I guess that would be better than having surgery. I would love to at least know what is going on with my body and potential baby; I have never had to be this uncertain for this long. I have been bleeding for 3 weeks now, and it has become much more heavy and bright red in the past 3 days (it was brownish at first and sometimes only appeared when I wiped).

I am happy to say that I am now 5 months pregnant and expecting a baby girl. A couple of weeks after my initial post, I was doing the dishes when I felt 3 large gushes. I ran to the bathroom and my underwear were soaked in blood. When I finished peeing, the toilet had so much blood in it, I couldn't see the bottom of the toilet. That was the last time I bled, so maybe it was a clot that finally came out all the way? Anyway, all of my ultrasounds have been great and the baby is great. Although it is hard not to panic when these things happen, try to stay calm because everything could work out just fine.

Kissable - Have you been checked for a bladder infection? My cousin had positive pregnancy tests and was bleeding, and it turned out to be a bladder infection. Quite odd. You may definitely not have one, but just wanted to put that out there.

Hi Snuffs,

I am 8 weeks pregnant, and a 2 days ago i went to the E.R. because of heavier spotting and cramping ( I have spotted on and off since week 4 and it hasn't stop). Everything was ok with the baby and me there was no reason to be spotting or cramping. Did keep having cramps or sharp pains?

Carmen - The sharp pains weren't all the time, but every once in a while, like once a week or so. I'm thinking that maybe it was just the uterus growing, but it worried me since I had the spotting and bleeding. I know my back hurt really bad (low back, upper butt) for a couple of weeks. I also had low progesterone (the very lowest in the safe zone) in the beginning, which can signal a miscarriage. I hope yours turns out to be nothing like mine was. I don't know why some pregnancies are perfectly normal (like my first) and some have bleeding and every other scary thing with them!

Hi Ladies, I am so happy I stumbled across this forum with recent posts. I am 6 weeks pregnant with severe period like cramping. When I saw blood last night I panicked and my husband took me to emergency. I was convinced I was having a miscarriage. The blood and urine test still showed up positive but I am yet to have my (first) ultrasound. The cramping is still happening and it is so painful. I'm taking paracetamol as the doc said it was ok but I am still so worried and so scared. This is my first pregnancy and I can't help to think something is wrong. I am having the ultrasound in a few days.

Are any of you having really bad cramping? This is all just so terrifying to me and the pain is so hard to contain, it comes in waves and is not constant lasts about 15mins.

Hello I am the same get bad like period pains feels like I'm about to start my period any minute I'm not sure how far gone I am I'm thinking I could be upto 6-9 weeks pregnant but I had a spot of blood before when I wiped now nothing is there but still getting cramps ill be seeing my midwife soon and get my scan and hope everything is ok :)