I'm a 13 year old girl and I haven't started my period yet. For about 6 months I have been getting whitish yellow, sticky discharge in my underwear. In the past 3 months though, I have been getting a lot more of this discharge and it has a TERRIBLE smell. In the last 2 days I started to get this dark brown, thick discharge in my underwear and it doesn't smell (it kinda looks like poop). I have read on here that it means your going to start your period very soon. Is that true? What is this? Please help!

yes, it sounds like you are about to get your period!!

congratulations!!

when I first got mine, it started brown too, totally normal.

If you dont get it in the next few months, then go check it out with your family doctor.

take care!

and dont worry, its normal!!

i'm in the same boat as you, and then today i had my period! xx

Me too, Im confused because some people say that is IS my period, others say my period could come in the next few days and then others say it could come in the next few months...confused...oh well! I guess I'll just have to wait and see! but im a little scared because I have school swimming in a week(which goes on for at least another 6 weeks after) and i dont really want to start using tampons straight away