I had the Mirena inserted 2 1/2 years ago. I don't ever feel the string but it never worries me because I know its in there. Beside that I nev3r made an appointment to get it check up either (which you have to get it check up ONCE a year).

I think I had my period on March 18 or 19, 2010. Before and after my period, I had sex and he lets it in every time. My periods is always regular but April came and no period. My friend had hers. Its funny because I had mine before hers in the month of March. I guess that doesn't make any difference since every girls is different.

On Thursday night April 22, 2010 I felt something wet on my underwear. I thought it was my period so I quickly put a pad on. Whats weird is that the color is a creamy brown and it looks old. There was no blood and when I wiped it there was nothing on the tissue paper. Hmm, awkward. I discard the thought and went to sleep. I usually bleed overnight but I didn't. I didn't bleed all day the next day except when I went jogging. As I was jogging I felt something wet coming out. I thought it was blood, hoping it is blood but it wasn't. It was the same brownish color as the night before. I usually don't spot and this is the first time this actually happened. I thought it is so weird that I had to do some research on it because he lets it in every time and the thought of being pregnant and still on the mirena does cross my mind.

As I was researching I came across "Implantation Bleeding" that could lead to a possible pregnancy. I've been very nauseated and had vomit a few time. Yesterday morning I woke up with very bad cramps and backache and I also feel bloated. Honestly, I don't get cramps, this is probably the first time in a long time. I was also very tired, my eyes just keep shutting down on me. Its been 4 days and still no heavy bleeding or bleeding at all except the brownish vaginal discharge that only comes once a day or every 4 -5 hours and that amount is pretty small.

I just took a HPT this morning and it turn out negative. Did I test too early? Am I even pregnant? Is it possible to have implantation bleeding while on the Mirena? Is it implantation bleeding that I'd experience? I'm really confused and I don't know what to do. Any advice, thoughts and/or comment would be greatly appreciated.

Though it is hard to tell the difference between an implantation bleeding or period for some women, periods are heavy and last for several days, and the flow is clear red with tissue, while an implantation bleeding is light, doesn't last as long, and tends to be made up of dark brown, old blood. It sounds like what you had could have been one. 

It is possible you tested too early and you are pregnant, but it is also possible that your spotting is the result of having the Mirena removed. It happens to some women. The advice is always the same: when it doubt, see a doctor. 

My name is natasha. The same thing (exact same thing has happened to me! I got it about 3 years ago probably and my bleeding was only 2 days but it was that same color! No other reason that i can think of for it. Im testing today to see. An if its negative im gonna wait a while. That would mean im 4 weeks already. Omg wow.. I realize this was a year ago but if u could please share what happened in your experience, that would be greatly appriciated. Thank you so much for your post!! :)

This has been happening to me all week! I've had mirena since December and before that I had the depot shot since 2011. I haven't been vomitting but I just don't feel right. I'm cramping and spotted all last week. I haven't had spotting or a period since 2011. I'm not sure if I could be pregnant or if this is normal for mirena