hi,
i am 23 years old and have never had regular periods with my cycle being about 40 days on average. my husband and i have just begun TTC and i am already going crazy!! my last period was on july 26 and i am expecting to start on sept 3. since monday, aug 21, i have experienced mild lower back pain, mild abdominal cramps (not as severe as with period), severe gas, thirst and some very light brown spotting that is only present when i wipe. as of today, aug 25, the cramps seem to have subsided, but i still have some bownish spotting with an iron-like smell. also, i started to come down with what seems to be a cold, with a congested head and slightly sore throat. no sore breasts, no nausea. i took a test this morning and it was negative. i do not know if i am experiencing implantation spotting or if i am trying to start my cycle. i usually have light spotting the day before my period starts, but never for more than one day and never this early! i am so anxious!!! would it be too early to detect pregnancy??? please help!!!

That doesn't sound like a pregnancy.see,when the egg implants itself it burrows into the wall of your uterus and hter is where the blood shed or spotting women call 'implantation bleeding' comes from.This bleeding only lasts for a short time and it usually pinkish brown in color.There have been cases where women have bled for several days but I have never heard of that smell.COuld it be that you have an infection such as bv? I would go to the doctor and see what he has to say.The earliest you can test is up to 4 days before your period and that is with first response,other than that you will have to wait until you miss your period or are late to take a test.good luck!

doesnt seem like pregnancy