Hi, I have my periods due on the 14th of this month. Since the last 6 months, my period have been very irregular, often skipping 1 1/2 months. I am onto medicines for this. Yest I noticed light bleeding, which stopped today morning, just a few spots. Today there is a continuous stomach cramp too, as well as back ache. What could be the possible reason? Could this be a sign of pregnancy? Please help!

Implantation bleeding is vaginal discharge which usually contains a small amount of pinkish or brownish blood. Only about a third of pregnant women experience implantation bleeding. It can happen at the time the fertilized egg implants in the uterus, on average between 6 to 12 days past ovulation. Unless accompanied by cramping, backache or increased bleeding, a small amount of blood being discharged should be considered as implantation bleeding. Due to these symptoms and if you think you could be pregnant, you should definately have a pregnancy test done right away.

hi brenda! thanks for ur reply. Along with spotting, I also have cramps & severe backache. What should i do?

If you are just spotting but are accompanies by the severe backaches and cramping, it is difficult to determine that it is a miscarriage - because, miscarriage symptoms are more like bleeding that looks like a heavy period. Are you still just spotting or is there more blood? A miscarriage between 6-12 weeks of pregnancy - Signs of a miscarriage later in the first trimester include moderate pain/cramping as well as bleeding. eAgain, it reveals a great deal of bleeding. The best thing to do is get a pregnancy test taken right away. If test comes back positive, go see your doctor right away. It doesn't sound like a miscarriage but I am no doctor. Please keep us posted as your experience could help a lot of ladies here on the forum. Also, let me know what you find out!!

Hi Brenda, I got my period a couple of days back, so I guess that just about rules out pregnancy or miscarriage. Turns out that the spotting and pain were due to a certain medicine that I am taking :-) What a relief! Will definitely look forward to more tips from you & will keep posting other important things that all women should be aware of.

Thanks a ton!