One week ago when I was running I felt pain in my leg. When I came home the pain increased and I noticed bruising on my inner thing. I did not go to my doctor, and I still feel pain. However, the pain is not that severe. What do you thing has happened to me?

It is hard for me to tell you what had happened to you without examining you. You should have gone to your doctor. He could have told you what causes the bruising on your inner thigh. However, I will try to give you and answer. It seems to me like you have strained groin. The adductors are fan-like muscles in the upper thigh. When they contract, they pull the legs together. A strained adductor muscle causes localized pain in the inner thigh. A severe tear causes a sudden and acute pain. It occurs during a sudden change of direction while running. It is accompanied by swelling and sometimes bruises. The most common cause of a groin strain occurs when a muscle is stretched too far. Best treatment for groin strain is rest, ice, compression and elevation. You should avoid aggravating activities for the first 1 to 2 weeks and once you start with activity again, you should ice the muscle after exercise to reduce any swelling.

Thank you for the information. I went bowling about a week ago and felt the same pain on my inner thigh. It was just mildly sore until a week later I took a step out my brother's back door and I felt a very sudden acute pain. It lasted about 3 to 4 min. then went back to being mildly sore. A few days later I noticed bruising up and down my inner thigh. But the pain had not worsened.