When I exercise I often feel sharp pain in my groin area. I am afraid that I am going to strain it. How can I recognize if it had been strained? It is possible that I have already strained it, I overstated with stretching yesterday. The pain was so severe that I had to stop exercising. What should I do?

Well, if you feel a sudden sharp pain in your groin which causes you to stop exercising you can be confident that you strained your groin. See what happens in next 24 hours, pay attention if the injured area is warm, or swollen. The swell may spread in next 48 hours downward, which can cause walking to be painful and running impossible. There are things you can to do control pain and strain recovery. After the injury you should elevate the injured-side leg, compress the site of injury, and apply ice. Put paper cup (or something similar) filled with water in your freezer. When the water is frozen gently rub this nub on the injured area for about 12 minutes at a time, recovering for 20 minutes between rubbings. Stay away from walking and running for as long as the pain persists.