Hi! I can’t determine whether to feed my dog with raw food or with dry food. I’m considering all the options. I even had the idea to combine dry food and raw food. Some of my friends are totally against raw food for dogs. They say that it can be dangerous and harmful for the dog. And some of them don’t agree with that. My best friend says he had read in some article that raw food is very beneficial for dogs. Is this true? Can you tell me what are the benefits and the main advantages of raw dog food?

I understand that feeding our pets with raw food is a bit strange for some people since it’s been years since we stopped doing that. But I think that it’s in their nature to absorb the nutrients from raw food better.

And the benefits are obvious. Notice how dogs who are being fed with raw food have shinier coats. They usually have healthier skin than the dogs who eat processed food. Their dental hygiene is better, they have cleaner teeth. They are able to better use the energy so they have higher energy levels and also smaller stools.

Those are the main advantages. 

Hello there. My friend, Clarissa, just can’t imagine to feed her dog with raw food. And, I do understand that someone is against it, but to be honest, I don’t see why, because this is one of the best ways ever to feed your pet, your dog. There are a lot of benefits, but one of the most important benefits are that your dog will be much healthier, he will be active. I don’t want to talk about coat, because you can see how good and shine is coat on the dog who is eating raw food.

So, I am for it!

Hi. I am totally FOR raw food. I only see benefits, I can’t see anything else since my dog is totally healthy and I am visiting the vet only when my dog needs to have a routine control. There are a lot of benefits, such as shiner coat, healthier skin, cleaner and healthier teeth, more energy, smaller stools, your dog is more active… I don’t know, but I think that I can talk about benefits until tomorrow.  I vote for raw food, and no, I don’t know why other people are against it. I would kindly suggest you to try it. 

Since I got my corgi I experimented with various types of foods. Eventually, I found out that raw feeding is the best for my pet. I read many good things about feeding raw and on this board I got confirmation from other users, so I totally switched to homemade raw food.

Why I did this? Because my corgi is healthier now, I really can “see” that his immune system is improved, not to mention his teeth. I am really satisfied with his oral health, mostly because of this eating plan (although I use brush and paste as well).

I can keep going on and on, but I think this is enough for now. :)

Corgi_craze, I  know the feeling :) I was experimenting with various groceries as well, but that lasted only a few months. I don’t know do you know, but I totally started to feed my dog, my Boo, because people from this site told me that this is the best option. And, it is. I just can’t describe you how my dog is feeling better, he is much healthier and he is really beautiful. So, there are numerous of benefits of raw food, but you can’t know about it until you try it. I am definitely for raw dog food. My boyfriend was not at the beginning, but now – he is as well. 

Hello Mia.

If you ask me, start feeding your dog with raw food and you won’t regret it for sure. Benefits from this type of feeding are multidimensional.

First of all, your dog’s gastro intestinal system will “appreciate” this kind of feeding because dog’s organism is “designed” for raw food (even though some vets don't agree with it) . They can better use the nutrients from raw food and because of that, raw food diet can improve dog’s health. 

Also, there are secondary benefits from eating raw foods. As corgi_craze mentioned your dog’s oral health will be much better. His hair will be shinier and his skin healthier. 

Hey there.

I will share my experience about raw food diet.

I got my dog 4 years ago. That was the first pet in my life so I didn’t have any experience with anything, especially with feeding. I saw my friend feeding her dog with canned food so I started to feed my dog with it too.

For one short period of time everything was ok with him. After that I noticed that he is in a bad mood all the time. His appetite was very bad and he used to get rashes all over the body.

That is when I decided to switch him on a raw food diet. Everything changed. He is so healthy and full of energy now. Raw food diet rules!!! :)

You did great thing for your Boo. It is great to hear that he (besides that nasty thing with rash) doesn’t have any other health problems. I think that’s mostly because you feed him properly.

I must admit that I enjoy preparing meals for my corgi (of course, when I have enough time). It is a great way for relaxing, so I would recommend to all of you who want to feed their pet raw, to spend some time in kitchen every now and then. Your pet and you will be relieved of stress; he/she with food you prepared and yourself by time you spend on doing something really useful.