Hi, I don’t know what to do. I was told that my breath smells, so I fixed my teeth. However, the problem is still there. I think that my tongue smells. What could be the cause of that?

Hi, my son had the same problem. His breath smelled, and he was teased in school because of that all the time. I didn’t know what was the reason, because he didn’t have any broken teeth. But when I took him to doctor, it turned out that his tongue smelled. A doctor showed me a white layer on my sons tongue, and said that it’s called Oral Thrush. The smell was caused by candida, a fungal infection. I never noticed before the white layer on his tounge, so I never suspected that it was the problem. So, if you have the same symptoms as my son, you should ask your doctor if you have candida. There is a saliva test you can do to make sure.