Hello All
my Name is Zeyad Zaghloul
and i am 18 years old

i suffer from a real problem although feels like it is a small one but really it irritates my life so much PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE 

simply from about six years till now i still suffer from that same feeling of very very very sticky phlegm or mucus in my throat that i can't spit it out or even swallow it, it just stand there in my throat and it increased so much in this lasting period that i feel i will choke or die
i try constantly 24 hours to swallow it or at least i try swallow my saliva or drink as much water as i can, but either this fails to get it down 
i went to several ENT doctors maybe 30 or even more up till now, and yet i am still taking appointments to go meet more doctors, and also I made several Ct scans, barium swallow test and endoscopy and i got several diagnosis for this problem as follows:

1) i have a deviated nasal septum
2) i have enlarged right turbinates
3) i have mild sinusitis 
4) that is post nasal drip
5) globus ( psychological feeling )
6) Allergy 
7) chronic throat inflammation 
8) acid reflux
9) long uvula 
10) small hatial hernia
11) sicca syndrome or sjogrens syndrome 

one of the doctors said that i should go for a surgery to correct my nasal septum direction and to remove a part of the turbinates, then i could breath well from my nose and so this will make me close my mouth while sleeping and my throat would be less inflamed and less soar, then this feeling would go away and also I still breath bad only from one nostril

and so i made this surgery 3 months ago but unfortunately it had no any effects,

then another doctor said that he should cut a small part of my uvula ( that thing hanging at the back of the mouth ) he said it’s long and it’s the cause of this feeling since it touches the throat, but another two doctors said no this size is normal and many have it this size and yet they do not suffer from any of my symptoms

but all doctors were sure that I have chronic throat inflammation and they give me medications and gargles and after 10 days the inflammation goes away and the symptoms remain as they are,

some doctors said it was allergy but all allergy medications I took were useless
as well as post nasal drip which non of the medications were useful

only one doctor mentioned that it is sjorgen’s syndrome and I was convinced by his words but others said that I should have dry eyes but my eyes are very normal I think

I read many topics on the internet so I thought it might be zinkers diverticlum and I made a barium swallow test which showed nothing wrong and very weak reflux, and a small hatial hernia
I also read that it might be cricopharenegeal muscle spasm but doctors said there should be pain if this was true, but I suffer no pain at all

The endoscopy said that I have weak reflux because the muscle at the valve between the stomach and the esophagus doesn’t close well written as follows: “incompetent OGJ “and wrote in conclusion “NERD “
some doctors said that this very undectable reflux could be the reason and they gave me medications of proton pump inhibitors ( controloc 40mg) for 10 days but had no effect as well
I don’t know if I should go for this surgery as well or not, please help

non of them seems to help me, please I need your help because I cannot sleep easily due to this feeling at all, and this extreme lack of sleep affects everything in my life yes EVERYTHING, and my work efficiency is very bad , my mood is horrible, my breath is not good and I always feel that I am choking in addition I cannot concentrate or even easily eat

my symptoms are as follows:

1) feeling of mucus in my throat 24 hours that once I wake up feel it immediately
2) constant trying to swallow it
3) usually I feel I need to clear my throat
4) I have very thick saliva which increases in thickness so so so much when I either drink water, soda, coca or even after eating or brushing my teeth with a toothpaste or even after running or gargelling
5) I sometimes not allot, I feel heartburns 
6) I feel fatigue 24 hours ( maybe due to lack of sleep )

ok please please please I need your help, I would be gratley thankful if any of you can help me or had a similar case and was correctly diagnosed and treated because now my parents thinks it’s psychological and this also irritates my life 

I've hot thick saliva & problem with swallowing 6 month ago. My doc. diagnosed me with H.Pylori bacteria. I took triple antibiotic treatment for 2 weeks… It is 3 weeks as I am off of antibiotic; the saliva got little thinner, but I still have some of it present. I also have some oily taste in my mouth, but it’s less then before antibiotics… I know that Helicobacter Pylori is very resistant to antibiotic treatment, so my doc. said that I must wait 3 months to do the breath  test to know if the bacteria is gone …I also take pro-biotic acidophilus and bifidus to restore the normal micro-flora in the gut– which seems to help…

Good luck

lula

the worse feeling that I was able to experience, unfortunately! I have to say that I was really, really scared, especially because my phlegm color was different every month and I also had this feeling that something is stuck in my throat. but turns out that it was just the flu. during the flu, there is a production of clear, thin mucus in the nose and back of the throat that is really annoying. so, the doctor gave me some syrup so I can "kick" this problem out of my body and it worked. you see, sometimes that is all you need to do and all you need to use. it doesn't mean necessarily that it is something extremely bad. 

I have the same problem for 6 years. The ear nose and throat doctor said I have a blocked salivary gland. Another doctor said I have sinusitis. It is driving me crazy always coughing up phlegm. I can't drink anything cold or my problem gets severe. I think it's a severe case of sinusitis. I need to take a strong anti biotic to get rid of the sinus infection and see if that works, I read on the internet if you leave the sinusitis untreated for years it will spread to the brain and kill you, So. I am really scared.

Try carbocystine caps they help clear phlegm from ur chest and throat I use them for c,o,p,d emphacaema u may even have cystic fybrosis I'm being checked me self as I have same symptoms plus I can't eat or swallow due to acid reflux everything's getting stuck in my throat and chest I feel like I'm gonna die some days the pain is awful but them caps r good two in the morn two of the evening..

Hi Zeyad,

I hear your frustration. I have had the same problem for about a year now and have gone through the same testing, ENT, CT scan, GI consult, protonix, EGD, allergist, nasal spray, plus dentist, periodontist. I too have a deviated spetum and enlarged turbinates and have to go back to the ENT doctor to discuss surgery.

It's very difficult to have a problem that you feel as though there is no solution. Especially when you have tried as hard as you have.

I don't have any answers, just sending hope your way that you're able to fidn a solution for this. Belive me when I say I fully understand. Hang in there and don't give up.

sucks to hear that for now drinks lots of tea i knoe it wont do much but go visit ent again then ask for a opperation in the phlegm area to havr regular mucus i suffer something like that but prob worse

I have these symptoms as well. I was diagnosed with acid reflux. I take medication which helps. My doctor says if I loose weight it will lessen. In the morning i drink something hot and it helps to cough some of the phlem up. I have given up caffeine and soda, all carbonated drinks. I have read chocolate and acidic foods makes it worse and I believe I am worse when I eat tomato sauce or chocolate. No acidic fruits either. I do not eat fried foods. I have cut way down on milk because I think that causes thicker phlem. I drink as much water as possible. Don't drink alcohol unless it is a special occasion. I believe I have sleep apnea as well so I wake up many times at night. I am going to a stomach specialist. I am going to ask him to look with the scope. Last time he did it I had irritated my throat. That is when I started taking medicine. I stopped taking it and now things are worse. I also sleep with a cat and that probably doesn't help. Two years ago I had two disks in my neck that needed surgery, since then swallowing has been more of an issue, but I was told the throat muscles needed time to recover to do the job correctly again. I am also going to try the eating plan for allergies to see if it is something I am eating that is making it worse. Have you tried a natural doctor yet? Maybe they would have a natural remedy verses the drugs. That will be my next move.

...I have these problems too...but I find that an analgesic helps cut the phlegm and all those awful surgeries and suggestions are useless, a little acid reflux and DIET....Take a good look at your food intake and when you eat,...really helped cutting out dairy products,well basically all phlegm building foods, Lots on the internet, but everyone listen up..please don't self-diagnose, its very dangerous and usually disappointing....I have worked hard to find what worked for me, and yes the stomach bug /bacteria is usually the cause of years of acid reflux/heart burn...very difficult to get rid of but man...it is nice when it is gone:)

I have had this problem for about 2 years. It drives me crazy. Same thing w/doctors. No one seems to know. If I could afford it, I would go to a (holistic) doctor. Not sure of the spelling. I took myself off of a couple meds. Losaritan and other blood pressure meds supposedly make it worse. I am so confused and upset. No doctor can seem to properly diagnose. Prayers to all of you.

I've had this problem my whole life. Now that I'm 25 its gotten worse. Its just irritating and as it gets worse my wife is getting grossed out. Usually because ill go to choke on it and throw up or because my face is always poring mucus. The sh*t in the back of my throat isn't a joke. I spit up clear and white mucus over 20 times a day with no relief. So I just got a nasal spray bottle emptied it and started doing a salt water spray up my nose once a day. Two in each nostril. Dries everything up. f**k surgery and paying a c**p ton on bologna doctors that don't want to find the problem so we can keeps emptying our wallets.