I have had a problem with "hacking" up phlegm for a cpl years now. It started off once or twice a day, but now it happens a LOT. I haven't seen anyone and not really sure who to see. Sometimes I hack up phlegm bubbles. It's exactly as it sounds...bubbles made of phlegm. Sometimes the phlegm is SO thick that I have to take it out with my finger. Any suggestions? TYIA

I had the same issue and problem with and with phlegm color that was whitish. Also, I had this bubbles so that is why I visited my doctor, just to see what is going on with me. So, when I went to see my doctor, he did some analyses immediately and then he told me that this coughing up white phlegm that also can contain some bubbles might be a sign that the mucus is from the lungs. It can be caused by pneumonia. So, I am still waiting for the results to come. I hope that everything is going to be ok...

Hallo,
The fact is that your body is always making mucus, and the phlegm that you are having is just excessive mucus.  In most cases when your mucus is produced more than usual is when your mucus membrane is irritated by some sort of an infection. Now if you have viral or bacterial infection you will notice the thick phlegm in your mouth which will cause many problems. My suggestion would be to try to avoid drinking milk which in some people causes more production of mucus. Do you smoke cigarettes? I know that cigarettes can cause problems that you are having now. You should also try to change your diet in more healthier.

Good luck,

Karel

I have the same thing except mine has been over ten years. Did you get any help with this?

I have the same problem. Doesn't anyone know what it is?

But you did not say one thing about the bubbles ! Hi my name is Dolores and i have same symptoms and i do NOT smoke ?

I have the same problem. No one so far knows what causes it.

It's because they don't know...I have the same problem...with bubbles. I'm just drinking water and oj. diet is very good, when i feel like eating. it's 3 weeks now.

Hello all, I also have this issue but I know what is causing it. I know this is going to sound crazy but bare with me. The issue is parasites, you have worms. Trust me. Please just try this and you will know in an instant. When you blow your nose, do it in clean white tp or something similar. Then you need to look at it magnified. I have one on my phone that works well. 10 times is good but higher is better. When looking at the mucus if you see little black or greenish lines those are the worms. To verify pick one up with the tip of a razor blade and you'll be able to see it squirm. I have plenty of videos of this. Doctors nowadays are just ignorant to parasites in humans. If you haven't been out of the country in the last 6 months they won't even investigate. They'll laugh at you if you bring this up. I have been battling these for 2 years and the doctors won't even treat me or even just look at me. So I had to diagnose myself. They aren't gods or know everything. A little investigative research on your part and you can figure out most things on your own. I finally have docs believing me and finally they are treating me and giving me the respect I deserve. After all, I'm hiring them to do a job. I know it sounds bizarre, but just magnify the mucus, look for black the ad like worms (tiny), then confirm by lifting them up and see if they move. You may need to try multiple threads to get one to move. The bad news, if you do confirm this, your body is infested very bad. You have them in your lungs, Nasal passages, GI tract, and probably else where. Good luck and don't let the docs treat you like an id**t or worse. You need to be proactive.

mine is not thick and I don't cough if I chew gum that helps alot

my slime is not thick and if I chew gum that helps alot

you sir, belong in the funny farm

What is the name of the parasite

Def worth a try.i will just go the vermox and see..

I was thinking the same thing. I'm detoxing for candidida albicans overgrowth and while taking bentonite clay and psyllium husk powder detox (1 tbl bentonite clay 1 tsp psyllium husk powder in 8 oz of distilled water) use a glass and a plastic fork to stir or plastic top to shake. NO METALS! And drink fast) I found worms! And the mucus bubbles ive been couging up are getting healthier looking.
Anyway while taking this I also paired it with boiling 3 tbl spoons of Cafe mam therapy coffee in 4 cups of distilled water strained it in an enema bucket with cheesecloth and a rubberband and used the enemas as well. The coffee enema was proven to be part of the cure for cancer in the Gerson Therapy and is the best detox regimen I've ever taken on. It cleanses you and gets all the toxins out. Try to keep it in for 15 minutes and be close to the toilet. I do mine in the bathroom on the floor laying on my left side. And drink a ton of water and infusion waters. I use lemon water every day but add things like mint leaves....
Doing this bentonite/ psyllium cleanse has brought things out of my face i didn't know was even behind there and some cysts I couldn't get to come up for years are starting to come to the surface. My feces isn't nice to look at but i strongly suggest getting plastic throw away gloves and examining . I know gross too much info. But honestly doctors don't believe in this stuff at all but it is real and someone has to research it. Parasites, Bacterial and fungal overgrowth turns into cancer. I am a 2 time cancer survivor and I guarantee if I would've done this cleanse prior I never would've had cancer. I'm amazed at what's coming out i have overgrowth of yeast but am finding parasites too. Make sure you buy any item you take internally or externally from a good natural trustworthy source.
I also changed my diet All organic , no gmo, no red meat, no sugar, no wheat, no gluten, no milk, no milk yogurt, only live probiotics coconut or almond milk kefir, wild fish, antibiotic free chicken, avocado, leafy greens, no fruit (anything you think is a veggie but has seeds is a fruit), coconut oil, prebiotics an probiotics supplement, Himalayan salt mouth rinse 3 times a day, only season with him. salt pepper, herbs, cinnamon sticks, lemon, local raw honey. Just follow a clean diet no preservatives no crazy c**p, no out to eat, no fast food, no coffee to drink, drink teas that are good for digestion health. You have to detox the worms out.

Good luck everyone! Hope my experience helps