Hi. I’m 17 and I would like to start working out. I would really like to build my biceps and pectorial muscles. So, if anybody knows some good exercises I would really appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

Best exercise to build up biceps is to hold dumbells, turn arms (forearms facing foreward), and lift dumbells toward chest or try bench pressing barbells. For pectorial muscles try, while bench pressing, bring it down, touch your chest, and go back up or lay down on a bench press, holding dumbells, arms straight out and procede to bring them towards each other.

Hi widmer,

It is best to start going to the gym. It is expensive to start buying all the necessary equipment and there is possibility that you will lose necessary will. So head to the nearest gym and talk with the trainer in the gym. He will give you some tips and also he will show you basic exercises which are good enough for beginners.

Also he can help you to make a good plan not just of exercising but of nutrition as well. Since you will be working on your muscles it is important to eat a lot of proteins and carbohydrates. These will help you to go through the practice and after the practice proteins will help you to build up muscles. 

To build biceps do alot of curls, but don't over do it. Lat pull downs are good for biceps and your back too. Bench press, start with more reps and sets, then as the muscle grows increase the weight and decrease reps. Your last repetition SHOULD be a struggle, if you really wanna gain muscle. You can try close grip/ wide grip incline and decline to work different parts of your pectorals.

Also your muscles need rest so don't work on them every day if you go hard.