i have a bump on the "back wall" of my throat. it is not my tonsil and not that little hangy thing. it is almost behind one of my tonsils. it is kinda in an vertical oval shape. it does not hurt or bother me at all, but i was just wondering what it is...because i dont think that it is normal. its really hard to explain. i would appreciate if someone could help me. thanks...by the way i am only 17!

Hi there. Feeling bump in throat should be examined. It doesn't matter how big that lump is.

I would never let it heal it by itself. I believed that this is nothing dangerous until it happened to me. My doctor diagnosed a pharyngitis and this is a condition that which affects the pharynx which lies in the upper respiratory tract that is there along with the sinuses and some other nasal passages. He told me that, when the pharynx gets infected, it results in soreness in the region. My throat was sore and I felt this pain occasionally. 

Like any other condition, this has to be healed! 

i too have a bump in my throat, it is in the way when i swallow, its the most annoying thing ever. anyone know what it is?

Hi there! I stumbled upon this post and am having the exact same problem; did you ever figure out what it was?