okay here's the problem.

i'm not positive how long this has been going on but its probably been about 4-5-6 months.

this problem ONLY occurs after i eat, but NOT everytime i eat.
like last night i ate corn chips and salsa and it happened, BUT it doesnt happen every time i eat corn chips and salsa, it can be after eating soup, a salad, a hamburger, there's no SPECIFIC food that causes/triggers this, just wanted to point that out 1st.

okay here's the deal, SOMETIMES after i eat i notice i get a small but slightly painful clear cyst in the back of my throat which feels like i have food stuck on the back of my throat, THE CYST ALWAYS APPEARS IN THE SAME PLACE IN THE BACK OF THE THROAT. very weird.

also forgot to point out the cyst can last from a few hours to maybe a day, or sometimes 2 days, it varies every time i get one.

anyone ever experience this? know what it is?

i actually got one yesterday, and for the 1st time since i've been getting them i put some pressure on it and it popped, some clear fluid came out and it bled a TINY bit, the bleeding only lasted maybe 30-45 seconds.

is this something bacterial? is it viral? this is worrying me.

Hi there.

Feeling bump in throat can be really unpleasant. It is like something always stretches you throat and you can't stay focused on anything. 

Do you have problems with swallowing foods?

Try to see how your throat looks alike. For example, if you notice the redness in the throat, that means that the main reason is probably the infection. If you do have inflected tonsils, you need to visit your doctor, but we all do know that that infected tonsils usually show themselves in the form of fever, swelling of lymph nodes etc.If you have some of those symptoms, you know what to do. 

Did you get any response to this? I have been having the EXACT same symptom for a couple weeks! Has yours gone away?

Ahh I have this same exact problem and I've seen a doctor about it but he wasn't any help. This always worries me a lot and I wish someone would respond about it. When I went to the doctor I told him the problem, he looked at my throat and said, "Come back if it bothers you." Obviously that was the reason I came...and I said that but he claims that my tonsil removal still hasn't healed. It's been over 6 months....

Guest wrote:

nope its still happening, BUT ONLY AFTER I EAT.

so maybe a food allergy?

funny thing is its starting to happen on the roof of my mouth now every once in a while, WTF???

its gotta be some sorta allergic/allergy thing?

Da exact same thing iz hapenin to me..evrytime i eat i get cysts in the roof of my mouth or on the side near my tonsils... My mouth also has gone discoloured...itz gone really pale white buh where da cysts occur, dat area is inflamed...i am sooo worried! Iv been to ma dentist n iv been referred to hav a boipsy done to giv me an diagnosis. Now i can see a lump in the back of my throat.i hope its nothing serious! Im scared n i feel lonely like no1 is helpin to get thru this...sumtyms i feel like cryin cz i dnt knw wots wrong with me...i smoke about 4 a day n im 19 years old...wot cud this be? Spicy food givs me really big cysts n normal food gives me tiny ones buh a few together in the same area...cud this be cancer now that the painless lump has been there on the left side of mu throat for nearly three weeks? I am going to make a doctors appt 2mro 2 get i tchecked up but i know they'll jus refer me to the hospital n il hav to wait another few weeks..i want to feel happy again...this prob has been going on for nearly a year..

the same thing happens to me to ...i always pop it but it never bleeds ... and i dont think its an allergy bc i dont have any!!! it always makes me think i have food stuck there but then i look and there it is again!

i HIGHLY doubt its cancer, calm down.

i get tested for cancer every 6 months because i had it 10 years ago. ITS NOT CANCER.

i'm thinking it has something to do with MSG (monosodium glutamate), some kinda yeast allergy maybe, but not 100% sure yet.

Guest wrote:

I went to see my ENT after finding a cyst attached to the bottom of my right tonsil. At first it felt like I had a piece of hominy stuck in there. My doctor comfirmed it was a cyst and assured me it was not cancer. He told me we would watch it. At this same time I was on antibiotics for a double ear infection. I completed the antibiotics and went back for a follow up visit. He saw I have another cyst on the left side. I am having a tonsilectomy the end of the month. I am currently taking a medication (Humera) that I have to go off of when I have any type of infection and have to take antibiotics. As long as I have a cyst, I have infection. So, that's my story. I hope it answers some of your thoughts. Thanks

Hi there. I know u wrote over a year ago, but I really want to know what a throat cyst looks like...and, if its possible to have a throat cyst but not be able to see it because it's laying below the tonsil...possibly near the vocal cords. Also, please tell me how you are and what happened with your throat cysts. Did u finally have surgery? And if so, how are u doing since then? If not, what did you do to get rid of your throat cyst?
Thank you so much...I am dealing with so much discomfort!!
Kim

I have this problem too. I have no idea what is going on though. It is a tiny bump in the back of my throat. It doesnt hurt my but it is is a spot that makes it hard to ignore it so usually when I get it, I have to pop it myself which sucks if Im in public. It just happened to my right now when I was eating Ramen noodles. Maybe it is a heat sensitive thing? The noodles were kinda hot but that doesn't explain your salsa incident. Sorry I could not help but I do understand what everyone is going through.

wow, this is weird i thought that this only happened to me, but everyone on here described exactly what has been happening to me for about 3 months now, and i would think that if it happens to so many people that doctors could figure out what was going on? Just glad i'm not the only one going through this rather strange thing. 

Mine just started a few weeks ago as well.  It went away then I just ate something and it came back.  I see no real pattern to the food. 

Just got one today, its been happening to me ever since i was little like 11-12, im 21 now i get them randomly and sometimes i go without having one for weeks sometimes months. i think its a normal thing. i only get it when ive gone without eating or drinking water for quite some time or if i have a lack of nutrition and once i get some food or fluids in my system i get that reaction... i just though of it as my body (after starving from food, healthy nutrition or water for so long) trying to suck up moister or nutrients too quick causing clear water filled bumps to appear. so i just ignore them. Thats just my theory though. It might not sound so logical but its better than thinking im dying or something.

Krisy wrote:

I felt like I had something in my throat for several weeks so I went to see my ENT doctor, he numbed my entire throat and with a microscope he found what he called a "hunker" of a cyst behind my epighlotis. I know I need to have this removed, because, when I swallow I can feel that it is growing..sometimes I choke on my food. I cannot "pop" it, wouldn't know how. Its been several years since it was discovered, could this type of cyst be cancerous? Anyone know?