Hello!
huh...this scared me... I am coughing the whole day and also yesterday and out of my throat are coming little white chunks. What the hell is this? I am pretty healthy person, at least I was... they are little foul smelly and whitish. I saw this for the first time. I still didn’t manage to doctor’s office, because I have a full-time job. But, if no other case, I’ll have to go there.
Maybe any of you folks have any idea what this might be??

Hey,
I have no idea... I hear something like this for the first time. but maybe this will rang a bell: did you have cold not long ago(maybe your tonsils made little pockets...it can happen). Do you have problems with your sinuses? it would be vise to make a x –ray, though x- ray doesn’t show always if anything is wrong.
This is contribution from me ... I think you’ll have to visit doc, despite your job.
I hope you’ll be fine in few days!

i have the same problem and i am trying to find out what it is by looking on the enternet. they sometimes get stuck in my throuat and i have to cough them up. they smell really bad and they are a creamish-white color. i do not have health insurance so i cannot ask a doctor!! WHAT ARE THEY??!!!!

I had this problem too many years ago when I was in my twenties and suffered frequently from swollen glands. The white things formed on those swollen glands at back of my throat and would sometimes dislodge when I coughed. Whatever they are the problem goes away when the swelling goes down.

They are tonsil stones.
I had them,too. Do a search and read all about them. They are released thru the tonsil pockets (two wholes at the top of the throat or roof of mouth), some people remove them with an instrument of some kind,but be careful, your throat can become irritated and you will have to go the the ear nose and throat Dr. like I did.

I have them too, and so does my mom. Her doctor told her they were "Puss Pockets." Beyond that, I have no idea exactly what causes them, but there is a name for it!!

I have actually encountered these little white pests myself. I actually did go to the doctor and found out I had strep throat. He prescribed some anti-biotics and they eventually went away. My sister has had them also. Although she has had over-sized tonsils ever since she was little, and no doctor would ever remove them. She constantly complains about chronic sore or irritated throat. Honestly, I don't think these white specs are anything to lose sleep over. Gargle some warm salt water and make an appointment for your doctor.

i get them too, it scares me because they smell really bad. but i do have a lot of problems with swollen tonsils.

The are called tonsil liths or tonsil stones. They are debris from food and bacteria that collect in the pockets of your tonsils. Your ENT can prescribe antibiotics but if you have other issues also, he can perform a tonsillectomy. I tell you this because I had them too, and I had a tonsillectomy because I had constant sore throats and my tonsils hurt all the time. Hope that helped.

A tonsillolith (also called tonsil stone or calculi of the tonsil) is a piece (or more commonly, a cluster) of calcareous matter which forms in the rear of the mouth, in the crevasses (called "crypts") of the palatine tonsils (which are what most people commonly refer to as simply tonsils).

Tonsil stones, it is theorized, are the result of a combination of any of the following:

food particles
dead white blood cells (a.k.a. "leukocytes")
oral bacteria, possibly from mouth breathing
overactive salivary glands
They are described as having a pungent odor: halitosis concentrated into a small solid object. Visually, they may resemble sesame seeds in color and texture.

Protruding tonsilloliths have the feel of a foreign object, lodged between the outside of wisdom teeth and the temporomandibular joint region of the fleshed jaw. They may be an especially uncomfortable nuisance, but are not often harmful.

they are tonsil stones!!!! nasty...trust me and the only way to get rid of them is to get your tonsils removed

I have them too! I first I was really scared. I thought no one else had these but me and i was freaking out too much. Until, i went to the doctor and she had told me to gargle listerine and take a cough spray. I've been doing that for about a day now and it's starting to go down :-D .. I hope you guys will do the same too!

Dear:edeline

If you keep haveing White chunks comeing out of your Throat I would go see a doctor it could be lung Cancer which is not good if not caught in time

yeah im having the same problem. its the startof a throat infection, there nothing major. usually treatable by eating raw lemons, not the juice, but lemons as a whole, including the citrus. anti biotics IE amoxicillain is the best course of action.

It could also be a candidis infection. That just means a yeast infection that is in other parts of your body. I had these for a while then they went away.