So, I have a question. I am 18 years old and pretty concerned.

I have these clear, whitish bumps that are on the very back of my throat. There is a large white bump on my left tonsil too, but not on the other one. They first appeared when I started getting really sick this summer. My doctor told me that it could be a form of strep, so he put me on antibiotics. After a couple weeks, my sickness went away. The bumps looked like they were starting to go away so I didnt bother checking them again. (I have done oral before, but it was a long while before I had gotten sick with the bumps. I figure if I did have something, I would have noticed something going on way before this.)

About 3 months ago, I had picked up smoking due to major stress. I had quit last month due to a cough that I started to get. It was just a really wet cough with no other symptoms. Im just guessing it was from the cigarettes. Anyways, my throat started to get pretty irritated so i looked in the mirror with a flashlight. I noticed that the bumps were there again. Same with the one white bump on my tonsil. It looked like the bumps were in the same exact position that they were in before when I got sick which makes me think that they never actually went away. Now, the cough is gone and everything, but those bumps are still there. I have been keeping a closer eye on them.

I havent had any symptoms till a little over a week ago. My throat seems to get sore (Like I have been coughing alot) and sometimes it feels like I have something lodged in my throat. Its also sore on both my tonsils to swollow. Its very mild though. Almost like my tonsils are closing up, but they arent (I have really little tonsils).

I know very well, unfortunately, how it feels like – I’m trying to get rid of throat problems for some time now. It’s strep throat. Well, maybe not strep exactly but it definitely is some kind of bacterial infection and you should get your doctor to test a sample to figure out which bacteria exactly is causing this. Antibiotics handled the problem then, they are also the only thing that can help you now because its caused by infection but it would be best if doctor knew which antibiotic would be best for the kind of bacteria you have. For now gargling warmish salt water will ease off pain and help kill some of the bacteria.

Thanks. I really appreciate it.
Its just obnoxious trying to figure out whats going on. But I shall ask my doctor again about it. Since I'm not sick or anything, it puzzles me why they are still hanging around.
I'll try the salt water and see how the bumps do. See if my throat calms down some.
I have also been drinking orange juice to see if it'll help some too.
Again, thank you.

did you ever find out for sure what it was? i thnk i got the same thing  on both sides on way back of throat i got a few WHite Bumps not that big but not painful and unless i seeing things on   my left tonsil it looks like i have a lil white spots and in back of throat it looks like i have like a  hairnet  design