Hi, I am a 35 yr old male and for the past couple months, I've had severe pain and burning while having a bowel movement. Feels like fire coming out. Stool is usually soft but doesn't look healthy or solid. Went to doctor and he said I have Proctitis which is inflamation of th lining of the rectum. Wouldn't it burn all the time tho? It's usually the worse when my stool is like water. Me personally, I think there are large amounts of stomache acid being discharged causing that sudden burning only when defacating, or I have an infection. I want to know what you guys think of this and if there is anyone else with this problem. btw, doctor said no blood in stool and said no fissures or fistulas just a tiny hemmorhoid and thats where the pain is coming from. I'm sorry to say that the hemmorhoid is a local area and that can't be whats causing the pain. I feel burning everywhere in the rectum even like 6 inches inside when I have a bowel movement. Any comments will be greatley appreciated!

Hi Kinsley,
So what happend with you? ive been having this problem fo years.. Like always burning stool and then after a while it like becomes a sort of diarrhoea and ends sooooo superpainful :(

I have had this problem for almost four years now. In 2008 I started with extreme cramps bloody , burning diarhea and the pain was imense. I was told it was diverticulitis. The prob. Went away for a year and came back with a vengence. The pain was even worse. My intestine was perforated. I had a resection and then a year later they cut again. Six months after the second surgery they did a third. They left a scar from almost my breastbone to my pubichairline. I still haveextreme painfully diahreah. I keep telling the doctors about the prob. Their answer has been more bloodtests or exploratory surgery. I am either constipated or at the other extreme

Yes u are right..I have exactly the same problemand no doctor understands.it is high acids in ur stomach either due to lifestyle habits or stress.u need to make the acids base.and stools meed to be soft too as and hard stool wud further damage the raw area.i dont know if u believe in homeopathy medicines.but u cud try aesculus ointment 3 timed a day.and at the same time eat food that r light on the stomach and some antacid till u get better.unless lifestyle habits and food is not altered one can never recover.

Just had this happen to me for the first time, hard to explain but it has me worried for sure. Like pure fire and extreme pain! Had terrible heartburn for years but never experienced this till now. I'm 31 years old and I pray this is a one time occurrence as it is excruciating burning. My first thought is it has to be stomach acid.