I am 43, female and diabetic, my blood sugar is under control and I don't take Insulin. The last few weeks I have been noticing short bursts of a sudden warm or hot feeling in my feet. Not the whole foot at a time, just isolated areas. It doesn't last more than a few seconds at a time, but it seems to be fairly frequent. I was just at the doctor before this started, and she checked my feeling in my feet. Everything was fine. I don't have numbness or tingling. I am overweight and recently started working out at a gym. Could this be a result of the increased exercise? It doesn't hurt, but it worries me.

I replied because I am 42, overweight and have been experiencing the same thing for the last couple of weeks- just in the left foot and just for a few seconds. I wondered what your outcome was?

Thanks,

JG

I am 56 and just recently started feeling the same thing as you two. I am not overweight. It is just in left foot, I think mainly toes. Any answers?

I have also been experiencing a sudden warmth in my left foot. Like you said, it does not hurt and only lasts for a few seconds. I am 31 years old, am not overweight and am not diabetic.

Anyone find anything out about this?

im 24 just had this start happening...

im not overweight, not diabetic... but i have been running a whole lot when i wasnt doing any before. thats my guess as to whats causing it. it might be this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarsal_tunnel_syndrome

just give it some time to heal on its own.. hopefully

Same here. Age 44. Diabetic. Not on Insulin, take Glucophage.
Warm bursts of heat last for a minute or so, happens often. Freaky feeling... like a 2 inch diameter area on top of foot mostly right, suddenly feels like a heater is sitting over it for a few seconds or minutes. It is the weirdest feeling. Then it goes away. It happens a lot lately. Best of luck to you in your diagnosis.

Same thing, age 53 not diabetic but have a genetic form of Thyroid cancer called MEN2A. My sister also has this and as a result developed a tumor on her adrenal gland. I'm now being tested for the same type of tumor. I wasn't aware of her heat bursts until I told her about it happening to the top of my right foot. I will keep you posted if I get any results that show it is related to the adrenal gland. Good luck everyone.

I'm 17 not overweight, not diabetic, no illnesses, no anything. I'm completely healthy and happy. but lately in my right foot i feel a very strange warmth and i have no idea what it is. i exercise normally and never had this problem before...

does no one know what it is??

its so strange.

Hi... Sorry i dont have an answer..but the same started happening to me around 2 weeks ago. Feeling of heat over my big toe on my right foot every hour at least maybe more often. No pain whatsoever, just unusual. I am 37 year old male, not really overweight or have any illness but started on a healthy diet at around the same time as this strange feeling.
hope someone can shed some light.

I am 47, not over weight or diabetic. I have started to have sudden warm feeling at the top of my left thigh for few seconds from two days ago. I have hypo Thyroid and am under bio identical hormone therapy from last year. It might be related to adrenal as well as I have been under lots of stress recently!

Same thing, warmth - not uncomfortable - feels like the heater is pointed towards it.

35, overweight, lots of time on the computer.

I am 26 and have the same feeling of warmth...nice but different. It just comes and goes about two to three times a day. Happens when my legs are crossed mostly and i work at a desk for hrs at a time. It usually focuses on the bottom of my foot and in the center.

Hi, I'm a 27 year old female, not overweight, not a diabetic(that I know of). For the past 6 months or so I have been having problems with my sciatic nerve down my left leg. Within the past couple of weeks my left foot has developed the same feeling of warmth that you describe. It happens daily, as often as every few minutes. It seems to be on the left side of my left foot, top and bottom. I've done research and found that it could be numerous things(a blood clot, diabetic,...). I am really curious as to what is going on with my leg and foot.

I'm 33 yrs old. No weight problems, no diabetes, very athletic. I've been noticing the same thing on my left foot. Everything is normal, but then, as one poster indicated, it feels like a heater is placed over my foot. It's a very odd feeling and it goes away in about a minute. I did, however, invert my foot against a curb (left foot bending outward to the left) causing some bruising on my ankle. It's been 9 days and I'm up and about with some soreness in my ankle. I don't recall this feeling prior to the incident. Has anyone experienced any trauma to their foot or ankle prior to "warm" feeling?

I am 38 years old, not overweight, not diabetic. I have recently been having this same warmth feeling in my left food. Again, not painful, just odd! I happens several times though out the day. I exercise some, but not religiously. Sure wish there was an answer for this? Adrenal...stress...???