I have been suffering with burning in the ends of my fingers on the top where the cuticle meets the nail and up past the 1st finger joint.  My doctor has no clue what it could be.  I do suffer with arthritis and am on meds but she doesn't know if this is related.  Anyone else having problems like this?

I'm having the same exact problem.  I also suffer with arthritis.  Have you found out what could be causing the burning?

I have up until recently have experienced this as well but its only on my index fingers. It feels as though I have though its a burn from a flame but I know I havent burned myself and its reoccurring off and on! Strange and very annoying to say the least!

I've been dealing with the same reoccurring sensations inmy cuticles but so far not my joints. I also have arthritis. The sensations feels as if hot needles were being stabbed into my cuticles and sometimes in my fingertips. Does this thing have a name? Is it a preliminary symptom to something more severe? This is really bugging me! . . . ???

I have the same burning sensation in my index finger . The pain is so severe it feels like it has been expose to fire.

Rub some cortisone cream on the cuticles. Relief will be immediate. Continue treatment as needed. The problem should dissipate on it's own.

me too...please contact me...
sandra

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I have been having this issue also, only in my thumb. It is driving me insane. Has anybody found a name for this?

Omg. I thought I was the only one with this pain. Mine is in my left thumb just above my cuticle area. The part just below the knuckle. Maybe doctor Google will figure it out. My thumb is on fire

Yes I have the same thing exactly anyone knows ?

I have been having the same issue in my right ring finger. At the cuticle, feels like it goes to the first joint sometimes.

Good morning

Has anyone found a solution to this problem. I too have the same burning sensation in my right thumb. I do not suffer from arthritis, so I don't feel it has anything to do with it ... any ideas?

have had this on/off 40 years. honestly noticed in college when that area would burn if i smoked marijuana. didn't think much of it. noticed next 35 years that if i hit it even gently it causes me HUGE pain like it's broken even just to the slighest touch. stays around for a few weeks then goes away for a while. just hoping it's not a precurser to an important illness.

Exactly the same with me. Left thumb. It feels frozen in cold weather and feels on fire in normal temperature!
Have you found out what it is?

I have this problem, too. I figured it was associated with my arthritis, which has affected the end joint of my middle finger (badly claw bent)..... very weird sensation. I also have several glomous tumors under other fingernails.... and considered the burning as a possible new tumor. Those tumors are extremely sensitive to cold weather & barometric pressure. They ache more than burn, however.