Hello I am new to this,
Anyway I have been having strange feelings in my legs and hands for years now when I try to go to sleep. Every thing I have read so far talks about pain with strange feelings. I have none. I just CAN NOT get to sleep. I want to stretch my toes and feet and fingers untill I almost break them. This makes the feelings better but for just a very very short while. I will sit beside the bed at night with my hands under my but rocking back and forth on them, this feels good. For the last few years I have been able to get to sleep after only a half hour or so and have not gone to see a doctor about it for fear of feeling silly. When I did see a doctor they just shrugged it off as nothing. For the past two weeks now it has gotten worse. Much worse. Still no pain just a feeling that I can not discribe that makes it imposible to rest in bed to go to sleep. I went to doctor and was given restoril. It made it 3 times worse. I went almost four days without sleep. Have been spending many morning 2 AM showers laying down in them. Then the doctor gave me valeum. Did not help at all. I have told doctor that I want to sleep and I am sleepy but can not lay to sleep. Antihistmean makes it worse as does muscle relaxers. I have been under a lot of stress latley with family members being sick but as I stated befor I have had this not as bad for many years. Today the doctor gave me seroquel to take before bed at a 300 mg dose. I see a military doctor since I have been retired now for 2 years and they are my health care providers. I am getting very frustrated and have only had about 7 or 8 hours of sleep in the last week and a half. Does anybody have any clue on this painless sensation that, I am sorry not to be able to give a discription to, that might help me.

Hi Sega,

I am not sure what this could be? I have never heard of anything like this happening before. Perhaps you should get a second opinion from another doctor? I am not sure what your views are on natural healing; however, you could always try a naturopath as well?

Wishing you all the best,
Cassie
Happy Life Space

I also have this strange painless sensation in my fingers and toes...ususally it always my left side. The sensation seems to be in the webbing of my fingers and toes. In fact....it's 12:46am right now, and I had to get out of bed to shake my foot and hands. I find that if I shake them very fast....it usually goes away, and I can go back to bed. Sometimes, it can last a long time...hours. I am in my early 40's but have been experiencing this sensation since I was in my 20's. I hate it. I don't know what causes it, and have never seeked medical advise for it.

Is your sensation in the webbing of your fingers and toes as well?

I too have had this feeling since my 20's. I am in my early 40's. It used to last just a few hours now it seems like it last most of the day. It is getting unbearable. The only thing that seems to reduce it is working out.

Hi I am 25 years but fortunately the pain you describe is just in my hands. It just make me irritable when it flares up and sometimes applying heated needles like acupuncture helps but just for a while. I have done some medical tests which were negative for anything. The doctors are now telling me that I should do a MRI. I am too frustrated to find the root of this problem.

i have the same problem in my weebings.... ive had it since i was a kid and i used to stretch the webbings of my pinky and index finger but jus recently it has worsened to the point where i feel im going crazy and it has moved to my toes i dont no what to do sometimes ifeel like screaming in fustration of the sensation some oone pls help i cant bare it any more

I too have this problem since I was kid. now I am 25 and still its there. I had it on my leg mostly feet before but now I have them on my hands. And the feeling starts once I go to bed. All these year the only thing I found is that I feel comfortable when I put a pressure on my hands and feet like someone sitting over my hand or feet. And it goes away after some time depends on how bad the feeling is. When I was kid I used to push my hands and feet underneath someone to feel comfortable. But I have now grown. Each night is nightmare for me. I have hard time falling asleep. I am always late for my office. Sometimes I push my hands underneath someone even if I am sleeping. It drives me crazy. Can anyone help us ? What if I pass it to my children if it is genetic ?   

OMG you just described what i am suffering from and have been unable to describe to people.
have you had any luck in finding out what's going on???

I get the same weird feeling in my left arm, sometimes it is in both arms.  It only happens every once in a while and the weird thing is that I only feel it when I am laying down and trying to go to sleep.  Stretching never really seems to help, sometimes I will do some situps or pushups and it will go away and I can finally go back to sleep.  Glad to hear there are others experiencing similar symptoms, sad to hear that no one has an answer or a solution.  From what I have read it seems like it is a form of restless leg syndrome.  People with RLS experience the same weird feeling in their legs and cannot go to sleep.  I have never experienced the feeling in my legs but I am sure it is very similar.  

This link gives some info on RLS and ways to treat it. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/restless_legs/detail_restless_legs.htm

I to have these strange feelings in my hands, feet and legs. Ive had them a few months now . I am now sleeping less , not that its painful but its there and I can not sleep. I get it day and night and find stretching my fingers and toes helps  or touching something that is cold. I often sit and just wiggle and stretch  my whole body when it gets real bad.

I thought I was going mad .

I HAD A LOT OF THE STUFF YOU SPEAK ABOUT AND USED TO TELL MY MOM I HAD SNAKES IN MY RIBS-----COULDN'T STAND SITTING AT SCHOOL. WHENI WAS 60 MY BLOOD PRESSURE WENT UP,I HAD PANNIC ATTACKS AND WAS DIAGNOSED WITH PANIC DISORDER----IT'S HORRIBLE BUT I TAKE 20 MG OF PAXIL AND THE WEIRD FEELINGS AND PANIC ATTACKS STOPPED. NOW I JUST GET THE WEIRD FEELING IN MY LEGS AT NIGHT.

This happens to me and it is the classic symptoms of anxiety disorder. My chest feels a little tight but it's mostly the urge to stretchy hands and body... Almost like I'm trying to claw my way out. And for me, the more I think about it, the worse it gets! Good ol benzos may solve this problem. Hope this helps

Yes this seems like an anxiety related problem. Having said that a relative of mine had similar symptoms for years and was diagnosed with something slightly different. Why not keep a diary of exactly when it happens and show your doctor.

Hi, Its the middle of the night and I came on to search what this feeling could be and I'm really surprised to find even one thing that makes sense. Nobody EVER understands what I'm talking about with regards to anxious feelingscaused by webbing between my fingers and toes. I've had this for a long time and can't find any info about it. Although I have figured a few things out myself about it. The webbings of my hands and feet are normal but my fingers and toes somehow feel too close together at the bottom (base) it causes me to stretch my fingers out wide and sit on my hands, in cars I sit on my hands, and in bed I spread my fingers and place under my pillow. I noticed something else too... When my boyfriend and I are wrestling and he squeezes my fingers together tight I get bad anxiety and have to pull my hand away and street them apart far to feel better. He knows not to do that anymore. It sure was fun trying to explain to him that "I just like my fingers a certain distance apart" and get anxiety almost a claustrophobic feeling from it. He was like what!?!! NOBODY gets it but me. I found a few things that help a little bit, Moisturize your feet and hands then use styrofoam toe separators for doing nail polish and slip them between toes for a bit. Run your hands and feet under luke warm water (something about cooling them off can help take down the anxiety. And good ol benzos if all else faiL's, doesn't help underlying problem but it helps you shut it out soou can sleep.