After my boyfriend and i have sex i get a strong burning sensation at the opening of my urethra and it will last a couple hours. i've gotten medicine for UTI's and it didnt help... is there anything else it could be?

Have you been checked for any STD's?

When using the medications for UTI, you should refrain from having sex to prevent bacteria transmission back and forth. If you continued to have sex during your treatment, this could be the reason the medication didn't work.

Hello there.    

I don’t understand how you could have sex while you are having urinary tract infection since this is always very painful for man who is infected with the same condition and it leaves burning sensation for a woman. So maybe you are not suffering from UTI but instead you are infected with some STD because nothing else is coming to my mind.

Anyhow, you will need to see your doctor as soon as possible. First, since your medications (I presume antibiotics) are not working and second you should test yourself for STDs. This is something that your boyfriend will have to do as well. And if you both come out negative you will at least feel relieved.