Please help. i have had a burning sensation and itching in my groin for 4 weeks now. I had unprotected sex prior to these symptoms. i have not had any other symptoms. could it be herpes?

It may be herpes or another STD, or it could be something more minor, like a fungal infection. I suggest you see a doctor ASAP.

Jock Itch perhaps? There are quite a few OTC creams you can buy that might relieve the symptoms.

If it were herpes you'd probably see an open sore or an outbreak.

Actually for herpes, and you are female you might have cervix only outbreaks which might only be symptomatic as itchy. If you had unprotected sex I would go get tested for STD's in general, make sure to ask about having a herpes test. Also, if you are having these symptoms, I would go to the doctor soon before they subside so they can get accurate swab tests if you are having an internal outbreak.

Good luck. I'm sure its nothing. But if you are that itchy and uncomfortable I would go see a doctor.