HI everybody. Today I had an ultra sound and everything was excellent except for a calcium spot on the left ventricle. My doc told me that it was nothing serious and that I should not worry about it. Still, I searched the net but could not found a definitive answer to what percent of babies have this and how many of those actually have down syndrome. We even saw a specialist immediately after the US and he says that a positive sign is that our baby is actually bigger than he should be. Still, I would like to hear your comments on this… After all, it is my first baby and it is normally for me to be concerned about it’s health!

I’ve also experienced this my baby last week. As my doc explained, apparently 90% of down syndrome and only about 5% of healthy babies have this. I noticed that they measure the babies head, hands, feet to see what the chances are of the baby having D/S. Anyway, the only way you will really know is to have an amniocenthesis, but there is much risk involved so I wouldn’t recommend it. But, if the specialist told you not to worry, then I believe that your baby is healthy and that you should trust him. He’s not specialist for no reason, right?? Take care and good luck!