Hello, I need some information regarding a problem with my kid. He is 5 years old and obviously experiencing some sort of trauma. His grandmother died last month and even though he is still too young to understand the concept of death, he realizes that she is not present anymore and since he was attached to her, that causes a big problem. He does not seem interested in doing anything now and has sudden crying outbursts. Can a death in a family be a cause of schizophrenia in a child?

Unfortunately, many traumas and stressful situations in the childhood shape the form of the future adult, in both positive and negative manner. Even if the child forgets the stress trigger, the subconscious will not and the consequences will remain. I suggest you to contact a child specialist, to see what would be the best course of action in this situation. You must react before it's too late...