Hello, folks. My brother is young, but he shows very severe signs of being a sociopath. I took him to the psychiatrist and he set up a diagnosis of Antisocial Personality Disorder. I would like to know whether this disorder can really be treated before I have to give money for this.

Hello. People suffering from Antisocial Personality Disorder rarely go to the treatment by themselves. The core of therapy is psychotherapy. With this, they can develop appropriate interpersonal skills. The main thing is to develop a strong therapist-patient relationship. You can say that this is crucial for therapy. If there are some additional problems like depression, anxiety and mood changes, then medications can be used as well. But, they are only here to help. Positive results can be achieved. I hope this will be the case with your brother. Good luck!

As filmer already explained this is the condition in which you will have to be involved and not just financially. You will have to talk with your brother’s doctor and determine what the best solution in his case is. He is aware how serious the condition is so he can let you know about the prognosis in his case and you can start making plans how you are going to pull this off. If you have support of the family than all of you need to get involved in this therapy and treatment.

It is important that your brother knows that you are there for him.

I hope that this therapy is going to be successful and that you will let us know about positive results.