What do you think-does treatment of antisocial personality disorder works? I know my kid is substance abuser and I need to help him for the things are getting worse rapidly and his actions and all he does is of antisocial personality character. I am desperate for I am totally loosing control over his actions and feelings though he stopped having them at all so do you think that maybe some treatment of antisocial personality would help him?

Well it is always worth of trying but no counseling or psychotherapy treatment isn't a guarantee that the problem would be solved. Try to make him accept some psychotherapist talk and my advice is always to choose a group therapy for it is proved those are the best treatment of antisocial personality disorder. You keep an eye on him for he is substance abuse and those situations combined with aggressive and violent behavior might easily provoke some mental health condition that needs to be treated also so according to the situation the things may get only complicated so my advice is to seek for some medical advise and of course the treatment of antisocial personality disorder is the must in these situation.