I need someone to tell me can Borderline Personality disorder be cured. I’m very sad because today I heard that my cousin has this illness. He is 22 years old. I don’t know anything about this disorder except it can be very dangerous. So, please, can somebody answer on my question? Thanks!

I can understand you totally. I have BPD in my family also. I’m sorry but I need to tell you that it’s no cure for this illness. But it’s very important for people who have BPD to have good treatment. So with right help, many of patients may improve over time.

I know that it can seem very scary. I have BPD myself. At the beginning I was considered a severe case. Now I have done my research on it and I go to help. No there is no "cure" for it, but there is recovery. The difference is that BPD can be conquered and go dormant. A person can re-learn to handle their emotions.

Just don't treat your cousin like he has something that can be spread. The best thing you could do to help is your own research to see what we are going through.