I have a friend who has Borderline Personality disorder for years. I know that psychotherapy and medications are the main type of treatments for BPD but I suppose that there are some other ways to treat this illness. So, does anybody know what Other strategies to use for Borderline Personality disorder treatment?

Numerous other strategies may be used, including alternative medicine techniques like: exercise and physical fitness, including team sports; occupational therapy techniques, including creative arts; having structure and routine to the days, particularly through employment - helping feelings of competence having a social role and being valued by others, boosting self-esteem.

Hello there,

Since Camel has explained all possible treatments there is no need to repeat her words. However, it is very important to make your friend part of your world. If he is employed that is already a great way to implement him to the society as a valuable member of the community and if he is aware of this than it can only be beneficial in his treatment.

Have you tried any alternative treatment so far? If you had were they more successful than the regular ones.

I seriously hope that your friend is coping the best he can with borderline personality disorder and that you will be his support in the future as well. Keep us posted and good luck.