Can anybody tell me what autoimmune enteropathy is? That is what my father is suspected to have for the symptoms he has for long of period of time now-diarrhea, abdominal cramps accompanied with gas and bloating, he is weak lately and also have lost a lot of weight? So what this autoimmune enteropathy means and what it may cause? Thanks!

I don't know in your dad's case what it could be but in my case it happened that this autoimmune eneteropathy have caused me celiac disease I actually inherited it from my mum and am pretty much sure this autoimmune enteropathy is pretty much inherited condition. Anyway this autoimmune enteropathy resulted in my case with this celiac disease whose symptoms are exactly like you have described and if it turns out your dad has the same autoimmune enteropathy disorder than he should be avoiding food that is reach in protein gluten such as bread, pasta, pizza, cookies and similar food-it is simply about that his immune system is not able to deal with gluten and could not absorb some nutrients from food like this. Anyway having autoimmune enteropathy that results in celiac disease is no simple condition and there is no effective treatment for this now, all he could try to do is to change diet I personally am on gluten-free diet for years now –precisely almost whole my life but still I have a wide choice food regarding so I eat –fresh meat that is never marinated or breaded I eat fruits and vegetables, rice, corn and potatoes. I am also allowed to eat most dairy products as well as gluten free flours.