Hi
for the past two years I have been experiencing severe bloating and pain after eating. I try to eat hardly anything during the day, but then at night after I finally eat something substantial, the pain returns. It's usually relieved by laying down, but it is ruining my life. I am not constipated whatsoever- I take magnesium every day just to prevent it, as not going to the bathroom certaintly doesn't help with my symptoms, but it's not the cause of my symptoms. I was diagnosed with IBS-C last year but I think my doctor just wanted to get rid of me, to be honest. I've been seeing a different gastro, and in a week I will be receiving an endoscopy.
To be completely honest, my digestive system or whatever is causing my pain worked perfectly fine until I lost a lot of weight my sophomore year. I went from 115 pnds to 102 in only two weeks (my family went on a vacation and we basically swam and exercised the entire time, and I ate only a couple meals a day). After losing this weight, I tried to maintain it for about a year. Now I am 105, but I do not have an eating disorder- Im a runner which helps relieve my gas before school, and this pain prevents me from truly eating. I'm wondering if my sort of anorexia for a year may have caused this, but I've told my gastro about it and he didn't seem concerned. I've read about gastroparesis, but I don't ever feel sick or vomit after eating. I JUST WANT AN ANSWER OTHER THAN IBS BECAUSE ANYTHING THAT CAUSES THIS MUCH PAIN NEEDS TO BE CURED!!!!!!!! I have noticed that the pain, bloating, and gas heighten around my period, and was curious as to if this could be endometriosis. I do not think I have a food allergy as I could eat absolutely anything before I lost that weight and for the first 6-8 months when I maintained it. PLEASE HELP.

I have the same problem, and like you I am a runner (but I'm male) I get severe bloating after I eat. Its embarrassing with you have to go to the bathroom 10 times in one hour just to pass MASSIVE amounts of gas.

I am hoping someone knows how to fix this horrible problem we have. I shouldnt have to be accustomed to this much PAIN. Sometimes I can barely move from all the gas.

Thanks

I was wondering if anyone has been able to help you. I too get the MOST severe pains, that feel like gas, but don't really pass like gas, mostly around my period. It doesn't happen every month, but when it does, I am completely debilitated. Everything makes it worse, eating, sitting, moving. Sometimes it is so bad it feels like someone is ripping my insides out, the stabbing pain is so severe. It is NOT menstral cramps, I have had those only very occasionally in my 46 years, and they are a picnic compared to this.

I too am a male runner, I put in about 40 miles/wk., and have had painful bloating and gas on and off for the last six years. I have seen two doctors and a nutritionist, and each said that I probably (?) have IBS, and suggested that I watch the specific foods I eat, avoiding those that are IBS "triggers".

I too have symptoms that are similar to the above. I lost weight and started eating healthy about 4 years ago when the "attacks" started. I experience severe abdominal pain and bloating once or twice a month, sometimes more, sometimes less. The pain is so bad I can't stand up straight, lay down or sit. I have to bend over to even tolerate the pain. The pain seems to be aggravated by dairy, alcohol and carbs. But sometimes the "attacks" happen after eating nothing. Urination tends to ease pain temporarily. My stomach can distend significantly and will feel "rock hard". The pain comes in waves but is always tender to the touch. The pain is always on the right lower quadrant of the abdomen.

I am at a loss. I've been to my OBGYN, family doctor and a gastronologist. I want relief in either pill form or diet change. I am sick of living like this. Has anyone had a breakthrough?

Check into Celiac Disease.
This runs in my family and your symtoms sound as if they could be related.
Confirmation can be done by a blood test or at the time of an endroscope.

I have the exact same symptoms. SEVERE bloating around the time of my period. It is not food allergy. It happens when I eat anything at all. I'm so embarassed to eat during the day I wait until the night to have my big meal. I am tall and thing. I am not an athlete, but when the bloating occurs I look 9 months pregnant. My GYNO told me he thinks I have endometriosis. We will see. I don't want to be cut open. : (

This is how you get ride of it fart ! , lol i have it when i get my pierods

hello i just wanted to share a little info with you guys, i worked at a colon and rectal surgeons office for a year and i have learned that people make the mistake of going to a gastro dr first all the time. They handle the upper part of your colon and this problem is is in the lower colon. You need to see a colon and rectal surgeon to get help.

I had exactly the same problem and was then diagnosed with coeliac disease! Gluten free diet has restored me to perfect health.

I have similar problems as well. I never got diagnosed because I had no insurance, and ran outta money for test. After 5 months of dealing with this I had lost 30 pounds. I have been able to control my symptoms for the last 2 months. I fasted for 2 days started taking probiotics, and gradually increased my fiber intake. I still can't eat very much food food, but at least I have stabilized my weight and have been pain free. Had to switch to a mostly plant based diet, eating no more than 3 meat dishes a weak, and cutting out all processed foods.
In my case i think i have diverticulitis as I had a fever for a couple days when this first came on, but i am no doctor just my best guess for my symptoms(painful gas bloating, gas leaking into my chest cavity)

Good luck to you all

I have the same problem. Bloating and gas almost all the time, I never use to be like this until the last year or so. I eat healthy and light meals and still bloat and get gassy afterwards. When I get my period it's ten times worse as well as the pain. I have excruciating cramps that are disabling. Also during my period my digestive system works opposite of how it normally does when I'm not menstruating. My gyno does think I have endometriosis and I am going for a laparoscopy in 2 days. If this is the case I hope he can remove it so I can get back to the 'old' me! I strongly suggest talking to your gyno before things escalate. Good Luck!

I second Celiac Disease, aka gluten intolerance. Gluten is a protein found in wheat, barley and a few other grains... For some reason its becoming an increasing (or more recognized problem). Having yourself tested may not always be accurate- I know of a friend who was tested negative, but felt sick after every meal. He cut out all gluten, and sure enough that was the problem. Try an elimination diet- Cut out breads/pasta (obviously), most sauces (soy, teriyaki, BBQ), and pre canned soups... Don't worry- there are great tasting gluten free replacements you can eat in the meantime. Be very careful- It only takes a trace amount of gluten to mess you up, and virtually EVERYTHING contains gluten (but there are an equal number of gluten free alternative foods, check whole foods or your local harris teeter).

Don't put it off, however- Celiac Disease can be deadly. Your digestive tract (if you have it) is slowly destroying itself. If left untreated, your body will eventually become unable to absorb vitamins and nutrients.

Try drinking Lactaid milk or take the tablet during your cycle.

i think IBS is an easy fix answer, i have same problem and have yet to get a better reply. while the diagnosis is prompt, the remedy is sadly lacking.