Hi, I am 19 years old and I made the very huge mistake of having unprotected sex(pull out method) a couple weeks ago.. This is kind of a long story, but I need help! I need opinions, because I'm scared to death... please help!

My last period was April 10th. Right after my period I started getting sick, I thought it was just allergies, so I let it go for a few days. I finally had to go to the doctor and turns out I had an upper respiratory infection and bronchitis. I was first put on Amoxicillin, then a Zpac. I usually notice when I am ovulating, because I have heavy discharge. But I never noticed any really heavy discharge. A couple days after finishing my antibiotics, I went to the bathroom and noticed heavy discharge. I wasn't sure what it could be because I thought it was past my ovulation time. I did have unprotected sex while I was sick and on antibiotics.. now my period is 3 days late and I have had a yeast infection for about a week. I googled some things and it said that illness, antibiotics, and stress from illness can cause late ovulation which leads to a late period. If thats the case then I should start tomorrow. But I have NO period symptoms, and NO pregnancy symptoms. My main question is.. could the sickness and antibiotics really my make ovulation time/period late? And could my yeast infection have anything to do with my late period? How much longer should I wait to get a HPT if I don't start my period? Any information is much appreciated! Thanks! 

You may not be pregnant or have a yeast infection.  It may be some kind of venereal disease.  I would definitely go to a clinic or doctor and have it looked at.  Unprotected sex can lead to more problems than just pregnancy.  I found out the hard way.  I have to live with Herpes the rest of my life because of a bad decision.  I don't want to scare you, but I do want you to be aware of some other problems that it could be.  Also, men can transfer yeast infections to other women or even give it back to their wives after sex.  Something I didn't know about til later in life.  Many things can affect your periods.  Sometimes just being stressed out about it being late can make it late.  lol.  But the best and safest thing to do is to get it checked out.  I am totally against abortion, but I know that Planned Parenthood will at least give you a free pregnancy test.  They may even have free testing for STD's.  Good Luck hon.  I will be praying for you.  Don't beat yourself up over one mistake.... we have all been there.  God Bless. :)  Amy

Thank you! I am totally against abortion as well! I can't believe that I even got myself in this mess, and I have prayed for days that my period will just start so I can stop worrying.. but it hasn't yet. I have def been stressed over it not starting. Thats all I've thought about. I told my mom about the yeast infection, and she says thats what it is too.. I have all the symptoms for it. Please keep praying, I appreciate it! I am hoping that tomorrow it will start, if it doesn't I don't know what I'm gonna do.. I cannot tell my parents I'm pregnant. It would kill them. I mean, we used the pull out method and he swears he pulled out in plenty of time and didn't get any on me. So i don't see how I could be pregnant, but this is just so stressful! I can't help but worry about it.. Do you think thats true about antibiotics/illness delaying ovulation/period? Thanks so much! 

I will definitely be praying for you.  I am not sure about whether antibiotics could cause your period to be late, but I do know that they can cause yeast infections.  I do know that illnesses and stress can affect your period also.  You may miss a month until things settle down.  Hang in there and keep your chin up :)  Keep me posted. 

thank you so much!! I appreciate it! I'm just going to try to relax and not think about and see what the next couple days bring! If I can just get through this, it would be great. I'm never having sex again until I get married. Ever! lol thanks for all your advice, and prayers! I'll keep you updated! :)

How are things going?  I hope you are doing well.  :)

The same thing is happening to me now, im not pregnant, but i have a yeast infection. Im treating it now and its so horrible . Im taking azo yeast natrual pills to help make sure i never encounter this again. I once had a uti but that was months before i got this. However, i havent gotten a period but people keep saying a yeast infection wont delay it, then whats going on , why dont i have a period.

I didn't have a period either. The only thing that happened was pink spotting and that was it. Then a day or so after that I had white small spots in my vaginal mucus. The day after that I had the itching and a little burning. My period is usually on the 20th and ends on the 24th of each month. I didn't take no kind of antibiotics. Yesterday and today I had a pink discharge with my yeast infection. But now it has stopped wit the pink discharge in my infection. Me and my husband are trying to have a baby and I have had problems with my progestrone level after I had my first miscarraige back in 2014. I took some progesterone cream to get my progesterone level where it should be a couple months ago. I am also working on loosing weight. I have lost some weight because my size 14 jeans don't fit no more. Would any of these things trigger a yeast infection?