I need to know if I will be all right in a short period or not. I have been diagnosed with bell's palsy not three days ago and I have to admit that it had a devastating effect on me. I am afraid to go out with my face swollen and paralyzed. Can I expect improvement from bell's palsy in two weeks time?

I suppose that you have been already told by your doctor that there is a great possibility that you will get better in couple of weeks, perhaps the condition will subdue in that period completely. Yet, I would be more concerned about residual effects then about rehabilitation time. Please, listen to your doctors instruction, engage in therapies properly and you will be just fine.

The neuro-acupuncturist that I am going to (after NO improvements over a 3 week period), said that if I had come in earlier I could have recovered much faster.

Tomorrow marks the end of my 4th week post-onset of BP, and since going to this scalp-acupunturist (both descriptive names are used) I have seen an almost 100% recovery of my eye/blink control, a 20-30% improvement in my ability to move my eyebrow, and a small improvement in my ability to move the left side of my mouth.

Whether it was just my time (to get better) or whether it was because of the needles I'm wearing (24-hours daily), I can't say for sure. But after 3 weeks with no improvement from conventional medicine and immediate improvement after doing scalp-acupuncture, I have become a believer. Note: they also use massage and heat treatments, as well as forcing you to try to move the specific muscles affected.