My problem is bell's palsy causing pain. I am 34 years old and have bell's palsy for over a month. There is improvement but there is also pain in ear vicinity. Doctor said that it might happen, but never cared to explain why or how or will it last after the illness. So, I am asking you to help me with these questions.

Well, to be honest I cannot help you much with the details. I have had Bell's palsy 2 years ago and had a complete recovery after 3 months. I assume that will happen to you also, just be patient. As for ear pain, I have felt it as the first symptom of this illness. If problems with ear persist, demand explanation from your doctor. You have right to do that, you know?

Hello there zerk,

As the urson has already said the only way to get your answer about ear pain is to ask your doctor about it. My sister had palsy few years back and she was totally recovered after two months. I remember that ear pain was the initial symptom so maybe it is persisting in your case because you will need some additional time to recover.

I remember that she was very nervous during this period so the only thing I can tell you is to try to be patient as much as you can. After all you will be walking and running again after everything that has happened to you I believe this is great thought.

Ear pain has been over a month, inflamation has continued after 3 antibiotics. Heart thumps in my ears, is annoying the pain seems to change. I have read many cases of recovery but to date it's been since 9/25/12 my case has wosened. The inflamation causes hard to sleep tossing & turning. Is there an end to come soon. XD I hope so soon! Warm wash clothes help facial pain, my bath tub is my best friend. It's been a few days since the entire right side of my face does not move at all. The only good comming from this is loss of appetite do to cardboard taste of everything. Hopefully, this will come to an end soon.

This is for the person above me: 

Sir/Ma'am,

One of my friends had bells palsy some time ago. I'm not a doctor or anything, but I did learn that bell's palsy usually occurs due to temperature variation. 

You stated that your bath tub is your bestfriend and that like heating your face. My friend, I believe that it's because of this temperature variation that you aren't seeing any improvement. 

I'm assuming you take a bath with hot water, yes? So when you step out of the tub, your body is exposed to cold air. This temperature variation is extremely dangerous for your body. 

This is one of the reasons why parents always tell their children not to step outside of a heated room into the cold all of a sudden. or vice versa. 

Moreover, heating your face can also be dangerous, as you heat your face, then when you stop, your face is again exposed to cold air, or air that is on a lower temperature. 

Try to avoid doing this. Try keeping your face covered, dont take a bath with boiling water, try keeping your body on a constant temperature. There shouldnt be any temperature variation. 

Insha'Allah you will get better soon :) 

Also, doctors usually recommend having foods with Lots of Vitamin B. Such as lamb liver, fish, blueberry's, wholenuts etc. 

and also, Vitamin B complex injections. Please consult your doctor for this. It really helps. 

Have a nice day :) hope you get well soon. 

Sorry, but really.....DEMAND and RIGHT? Like your doctor is going to "hide" secret information he/she does not want to tell you....beat the hell out of em', then mabey the'll tell ya!. I am a neurologist, actually a neuromuscular specialist. Sometimes, things just hurt after an infection or injury. If you want to DEMAND why, ask God.