Hi, my friend is 43 years old and he is suffering from bell's palsy for a few days. He is looking for the way how to activate paralyzed muscles so he heard about some exercises which may help in such situations. I would like to know something more about these facial exercises.

Hi, as someone who suffered from bell's palsy I would like to tell you that patience is more important than every exercise. However exercises may be helpful in some cases but do not expect miracles. It would be good to exercise in front of the mirror so that he can see both sides of his face. He has to try to move muscles same as on the healthy side of the face. Moves have to be gentle and he mustn't push to hard! He may try to elevate his eyebrows, smiles, show his teeth and so. Every move which activates mimic muscles is good.