Hi all I have read all the stories and I have so much hope now I just have to try the tips and make my husband believe it too. We don't have money for ivf so I have always been hoping it could just happen to me and I never believed it could until I read the stories so thank you to all who posted stories. My tubes were removed about 10 years ago so wat are my chances .

Hi Meagan,

I'm sorry to say that your chances are very low.  Even if you were to become pregnant, odd are very good that it would be an ectopic pregnancy.

There is always a chance however.

Good luck.

Hey Meagan,
Not to overstep Medic-dan as he has great information but I am here to tell you the honest truth - sorry!

Without tubes your chances are 100% sterile - if you had your tubes tied then there is a chance but with NO tubes the chance does not exist.

You are strapped for cash as I am too - it's life BUT if you had the cash you would need a transplant for tubes and healthy ones. Even that is not a guarantee as nothing is in life.

Good luck in your quest - remember there is always adoption! Little ones always need your help especially foster children need a good family too - everyone deserves a chance in life.

To clarify my post, It would be rare for the tubes to be totally removed. Sometimes they are cauterized, basically closed off. In other cases, a short section is removed. It is possible, sometimes, for your tubes to reattach or for the cauterized portion to reopen. The body can and does do many things thought impossible. As I stated however, often this results in scars which leads to an ectopic pregnancy. To completely rule out any chance of pregnancy is irresponsible. Granted, the odds are very low. The surgeon would know exactly what was done, we don't.

To also add, I've never heard of a fallopian tube transplant.  IVF is the preferred alternative.  The scarring from surgery to do such a transplant would likely result in failure.

You know I have never heard about a uterus transplant until this week, so almost everything is transplantable.

I am not here to dispute what you say Medic-Dan, not at all, in fact I suggest some guys talk to you because you ARE so knowledgeable.

A hysterectomy completely takes the tubes out, cervix and uterus in some cases the ovaries are left but only if healthy, unless if you have chosen to keep these things but then that is not a total hysterectomy then.

You are right about the scar tissue would make it ectopic and chances of regrowth is more normal down the road then now.

Without the cash as she stated, pregnancy in her case would be a miracle! Sorry sweetie...

Lizard,

I'm not trying to be argumentative either. She didn't say she had a hysterectomy, that would have been an easy answer. But, here we really don't know what was done. Her surgeon can be the best resource here.

One thing we need to always do is to be positive, in all aspects of our life. Yes, sometimes the chances are slim but they do exist. Is it false hope? I don't think so. I think that as long as it is presented as completely as possible then it is not "false hope."

Miracles do happen. I've seen them.