I had my tubes tied 4 years ago. I want to become pregnant now. If I took fertility drugs while my tubes are tied would it up my chances of getting pregnant?

Hi Capritchard,

No, and it could also be dangerous if you did get pregnant.

Right now there is no path for the egg to get from the ovary to your uterus.  In  SOME cases the tubes do reconnect BUT there is VERY often scarring.

This scarring usually results in an ectopic pregnancy.  It is not sustainable and if not caught in time can result in heavy/severe bleeding and even be fatal for the mother. 

You do have options.  You can get the tubal reversed - again there may be scarring.  Or you can use IVF.  An egg would be harvested from your ovary and fertilized with your partners sperm.  Basically it "bypasses" the tubal.

See a fertility specialist.

Good luck.

Ok. Thanks. I didn't think it was possible but I decided to ask anyways. Guess ill go with reversal, I was told I shouldn't have any problems with getting pregnant.