So a friend of mine had her tubes tied some time ago and now she is trying to get pregnant. She thinks that there is still a chance to conceive even though her tubes are tied, she actually found it out just recently because she was searching on the internet about tubal ligation reversal and then she read somewhere that tubal ligation doesn't make your chances of becoming pregnant 0%, you can still become pregnant and she read that there are ways to succeed at this. So my question is this: does anyone know in which way would it be possible to conceive if your tubes are tied?

Hi Guest,

It is unlikely she'd conceive.  Even if she does it will likely result in an ectopic pregnancy, nonviable, due to scarring of the fallopian tubes.

Tubal ligation is considered permanent but there is always a slight chance.

Hope it helps.

Medic Dan's right, the chances for conceiving after you've had your tubes tied are so tiny that you can say that there are no chances at all. The first step towards conceiving after you've tied you tubes is the reversed process, untying your tubes, this has to be step one here.

The worst part about the tubal ligation reverse surgery is the cost, of course, this is one of the really expensive surgeries but if your friend really wants to be able to conceive, she will simply have to do it. I guess that she will eventually undergo this reverse surgery.

Yeah, I think that you will have to do the reversal surgery in order to be able to conceive, I mean, your friend will have to do the reversal surgery but I would suggest to her that she goes to talk to her doctor or to her gynecologist about this, either one of them will be able to tell her exactly what she needs to do (although both of them will tell her that she has to do this reversal surgery).  Unfortunately for your friend (even though I don't know her financial situation, this is still a big amount of money), the cost of tubal ligation reversal surgery is around 7 thousand dollars.

That is why I always tell people (it sounds like I had dozen of cases like this when it only really happened a couple of times) to think twice before they decide to do tubal ligation. Your friend won't be able to conceive unless she does the tubal ligation reversal surgery. The worst part about all of this is not that it costs a lot of money, the worst part is that even if she undergoes this surgery, her odds of conceiving after the surgery are only 25%, so she might as well not even bother with the surgery, it depends on how bad does she want to conceive.

Once you do tubal ligation, your chances of conceiving become really small, even if you do tubal ligation reversal. I'm afraid that your friend shouldn't have underwent this surgery before because she is going to regret that decision now. If she wants to have another child, I think that the best way to do this would be to adopt because her odds for conceiving are terribly small. I am sorry that you have to tell this to your friend but this is how things are, I assume that your friend is not going to feel well after hearing this so you should be there for her.

Hm, I don't know what to tell you. There is a possibility because neither method is 100 % effective. The same thing is with tubal ligation, but I was reading that 1 of 200 can get pregnant and I don't know how true this is. 

But you need to know that there is a hugeeee chance of an ectopic pregnancy and this can be a really big problem.

I don't know what advice to give to her, but the best advice is that medic - dan gave to you.

Don't try anything without consulting your doctor.

I hope it helps. 

Hi there. I think that you can do this - Get your tubes untied. You need to find a good expert to tell you more about this. You should know that tubal ligation is a surgery that can be reversed for some women and during this procedure, the fallopian tubes are reconnected. I know one lady who did this and it was successful for her. She was able to get pregnant after she untied her tubes. I think that this also can have some side - effects and that sometimes it can't be successful and that is why you need to find who is going to help you to know a lot more about this procedure.

Hi. Look, I think that I don't agree with some of you.

You can have a baby after your tubes have been tied and most women will choose to have a tubal ligation reversal for example. I am sure that you can find more about this on this site; we were discussing this already.

If you have been pregnant after a tubal ligation then you should not count on a natural, normal pregnancy. Most tubal ligation failure pregnancies will be ectopic and that is the main problem.

But you need to be aware of many things that can happen. 

I do think that you  should never do this procedure unless you are 100% sure that you don't want to have kids anymore. 

I made a mistake doing a tubal ligation. When I tied my tubes I was really sad about this. After I divorced I didn't want to have any more children. I have one and I believed that I won't be happy with some guy again. But then I met this wonderful guy who wanted us to have kids together. I didn't tell him about this procedure, that I have done it because I know that it was a mistake, so I made this decision...I don't even know why. Anyway, I have tried everything to conceive and I also had issues with ectopic pregnancy. It was a hell for me. I needed to tell him about this and he was really sad. We broke up after two months. I just want to tell you that you don't take any decision fast, because you are angry or something. There are so many other ways to prevent pregnancy.