Good evening everyone, pleasure to be here....

Started Duromine 40mg today after getting the OK from the Doc.

I'm a 176cm tall, 29yo male, who has gone from 85kgs to 115kgs in about 4 years purely from a career choice in which I have lost all routine I had. Just so everyone is aware, I don't regret the career choice, I am just desperately trying to find my mojo again....

OK, here we go..... DAY 1 (115kg)

It's currently 12:30am so yes, I guess I am having some problems sleeping, but, to tell you the truth, I do ocasionally have issues sleeping purely due to my mind racing with a million things.

Took my pill at around 6:30am this morning with a small breakfast....

About 9:30, still a little hungry, had a couple pieces of toast....

THEN................................

The upper kicked in. Honestly felt like a mild dose of speed (which in itself, I honestly wouldn't call a side effect) as I had one of the most productive days at work today.. 100 miles an hour all day, even put in a few hours OT.

Told myself to grab some lunch, but got side tracked, and missed it.

Still not hungry at all, but fortunately my darling wife had a lovely dinner of chicken, chips and vegies ready for me.

Very dry mouth, but didn't have a water bottle today (learnt that lesson quickly).

Apart from that, very slightly agitated, but seriously nothing that would typically bother me.... I'm on the 40mg (Big Boy) and if this is as bad as it gets, we should be cooking with gas.

Now to the mood department.... I have tried reductil once before, and my wife asked me very nicely to stop taking it is I was making life unbareable for everyone. Having experienced this before, I have gone into the Duromine adventure with a pretty strict set of guidelines, so I am hoping I will be able to control any mood problems....

No Mood swings or cranky pants today either which is a great start...

My guidelines are:

1. This weightloss programe is for me so my Family WILL NOT BE negatively effected by it (AKA mood swings)

2. I am sick to death of being over weight. Always remind yourself of the 24 years of the very fit, healthy sex life, outgoing and generally happy life I know is possible.

3. Duromine is a tool to assist me with getting my life back on track.
a. Weight Loss
b. Fitness
c. Good eating habits
d. Social Confidence

Without a complete lifestyle package, the weight will probably go back on, as many people on here have mentioned. I wonder if people that have changed there lifestyles for the better are as suceptable to putting the weight back on as the people who do nothing except eat less are?

So that's day 1.... I plan to get on here regularly to give updates of progress. For people thinking about using Duromine, hopefully this may help. As you have no doubt found, there are many many 1 liner threads about peoples experiences, but there is very little on the day to day journey, so hopefully this will help.

Any support, comments, questions will be greatly appriciated, as this will also give me a focus point to help with the program.

Wish me luck.

Adam.. :lol:

DAY 2.....

After only 3 hrs sleep, surprisingly feel great. Had my pill at 6am with breakfast...

I have a drink bottle today, so hopefully the dry mouth won't be anywhere near as anoying as it was yesterday...

Not hungry at all. Brought a couple of apples on the way to work and a chicken sandwich for lunch, as I need to keep eating small meals to get my metabolisim back in good shape...

No headaches, dizzyness, not agitated at all yet (10:30am)....

Stay tuned....

Also, if anyone can suggest tips that may enhance my weight loss program, I'm all ears.

Thanks,

Adam XD

DAY 3......

Great night sleep. In bed at 10:30, up at 5am feeling a million dollars...

All initial side effects all but gone now, and I actually feel a whole lot better.

No Mood swings or aggression, hunger well and truely under control.

Keeping to a reasonably regular eating pattern, with cerial for breakfast, a piece of fruit for morning and afternoon tea, a sandwhich for lunch and a small serving for dinner. (I have to remind myself to eat becasue I don't get hungry anymore, but I believe one of my problems is a slow metabolism and if i just stop eating, sure i will probably loose the weight, but my goal is to get rid of it for good.

Weighed in this morning at 112.5kg. Most of it is probably water at this stage, but sure is good to see the numbers reduce for once....

Adam....

DAY 4.... Basically have zero effects from the drug now. Well and truely have my hunger problems under control now.

Now starting to do a little more exercise to cash in on the reduced food intake. Did about 70 mins on the treadmill today (jog/walk) totalling about 7.5kms. Felt pretty good after that too.

Today I weighed in at 111kgs.

As far as I am concerned, this drug is currently have Zero negative effects on me.

Got a Doctors check up in a week and a half, so i will see what he says then....

Adam....

Day 5..... (110.5kg)

No problems sleeping at all. Only side effect i can honestly say I am having is more energy, more enthuasium and generally feel a heap better.

Ran 10km on the treadmill for the first time in 7 years today. To top that off, I have never ran for an hour and a half straight... So to say the least, I am absolutly stoked with my progress to date...

Adam...

DAY 14.....

Zero side effects.

Still going strong. I will admit, my good eating program has slackened off a little bit, as I often forget to eat, which I will have to recify before the end of my program.

Duromine is the only weight loss drug or program that i have tried that is having any success what so ever.

Already dropped 2" of my waste, currently 109kg, but I have been in the gym everyday and I have gained some more muscle, which is brilliant.

It's finally starting to pay off as I fit into a pair of jeans yesterday that I havn't been able to wear for 3 or 4 years. My motivation is at a high which i just what I needed to continue on to my goal weight of 90kg.

I'm not sure how some people lose a claimed 20kg in 2 weeks, as I have been really strict and exercising for nearly 2 hours a day. To get these sorts of loses, I reckon you would probably have to stop eating all together.....Anyway,

Adam.

still going good. had a few nights last week where i couldn't sleep, but all in all, nothing else bad. down to 106kgs now.

hey adam,

WOW, i am very fascinated with your outcomes.
I havent yet started taking duromine, but I will be starting tomorrow.
I am currently 91 kilo's, my normal weight was around 72, and ever since ive been in a relationship, Ive let myself go....

I hope my outcome will be as good as yours!
keep it up!!

INA =]

Hi, was just reading your posts. I have started today with taking duromine 30mgs. I currently weigh 79.7kgs and need to lose 25kgs to be at a healthy weight for my height of 1.53cms. I weighed 52kgs 5yrs ago and have since had my 5th child and stacked the weight on. I have no self confidence and really get depressed by my weight. So I'm hoping this gives me the kick start I need to be happy again. I took pill at 7am this morning and it's now 10 and as of yet had no side effects. People say it's similiar to taking speed but as I never have I can't compare. I don't really feel any different though atm. Well her's good luck to us all :-P

Hi guys i've just been reading your posts and i was excited to see what was happening but then it stopped. Can you please tell me how it went as i have just started the duromine 30 mgs but don't feel like it's doing anything. Well done to you Adam you were doing really well.

Hello Everyone,

I have been on Duromine before, and am on it agian, after gaining weight while pregnant.

Much like Adam, i had dry mouth, couldnt sleep sometimes, but had a lot of energy alllll the time. When i came off it, i had a headache for two days, and started wanting to eat everything in sight. You must remember not to give in.

The thing is though, Because you ate less while on Duromine, your stomach shrinks, so you will eat less regardless. As long as you dont snack when you are not hungry, and keep up exercising, you can successfully keep the weight off.

I lost 5 kg the first week on it, mind you, I only need to lose 10 Kg, so keep in mind that the bigger you are, the more weight you will lose at the begining. I will be starting my second week hopefully tomorow, so lets hope i can lose the rest of the pesky 5 kg in the last two weeks of the pack.

Good luck everyone!

hi guys, im currently taking 30mg duromine and dont feel like its doing much i lost 2kg on the 1st 2 days and then it went up again and isnt really changing much. how can i boost it up so i lose more weight????

:-) Hi

I olso want to start duromine tablets 40mg,but I cant seem to find it any where,Iam also over weight abnout 120k.
Please help as I can find duromine 30mg only,Iam getting married soon please help

my wife and i have been on duromine 40 for 10 days now. all we eat is a small meal for dinner. we both work out on treadmill for 1 hr a day. we have just weighed ourselves.my wife has gone from 67.1 kg to 67.7kg. i went from 104.4 to 104.7 kg. we have both put a tiny bit back on. I think all you people who lose 5 to 10 kg in first week are kidding youselves

Today is going to be my first day taking it, im 176cm and weigh around 150kg and only 25 years old, ive recently had some news from the doctors that has scared me into losing weight, so yesterday i went and bought my first ever cross trainer, and got my duromine 40mg so today will be the first day of the rest of my new life, i am the type of person who doesnt stick to anything i start, but this i plan to stick to, i have till christmas to become a new me, for when i go back home to my family and show them the new and improved me and see the looks of proudment i get, but all in all im sticking to this as i want my confidence back, i want to walk down the street and not be ashamed of how i look anymore, i will be starting a blog up aswell with my weekly outcomes and will keep you all tuned if anyone is interested