well i guess i will start from the top

since about 5 months and a half i have been sick one way or another
I had bronchitis
I had sinusitis
I have had 4 cases of hives
I had several ear infections
I currently have strep throat and an ear infection
I have migraines on a weekly basis
On top of it, since I had bronchitis, I am experiencing severe muscle and joint pains. Nothing helps. Tylenol, Asprin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, hot baths, cold baths, exercise. Along with the long term pain, I have shooting pains that occur in my hands and joints that last for seconds, but hurt worse then anything.
Some other symptoms which may or may not be relevant are
* I am constantly physically and mentally exhausted
* I feel extremely depressed mostly because of the pain that I am experiencing
* It doesn't matter how much or how little I sleep, I feel the same
* Chest pain that lasted for 4 weeks

The doctor I am seeing preformed a full blood panel and found something things. I had a abnormal level of:
hematocrit, too high
-EBV -VCA, IGM, too high
very Low Platelet count,
and a very high monocytes percentage

I have been on penicillin since 5 months ago
I currently take midrin for my migraines, which is no longer effective

My doctor has no idea what she is talking about, she is a general practitioner, and doesn't answer any of my questions. I honestly think that my being sick for 5 months and being in chronic pain that won't allow me to function on a daily basis is a problem.

HELP.

All the values you site are indicitive of an infection, of which you have or have had for several months now.

Since you are not getting what you want from your current doctor, GET ANOTHER ONE!! There is not reason why your doctor should not communicate with you and answer your questions.

I have been suffering from cronic infections for 15+ years.At this point I have had a sinus infection, ear infection, and respitory infection for 9 months. A long time ago I was at the dr's office once a month for ear infections, and kept getting penicillin, now I am allergic to it. For my infectioins I now take Avelox 500mg most of the time. But it just won't go away. I have switched Primarys 3x to no avail. I currently see a Rheumatologist, ENT, PCP, have up coming appointments with a sleep clinic, and an allergist. I found this disease on my own on line, check it out. I still have no diagnosis, but wil not stop fighting for my health until,I figure it out. Good Luck, feel better soon.
Dee

It's your immune system. Have a pathologist or a hemotologist check your SEDS levels, Cprotein, ANA, Urine, ect... Basically Lupus can cause ALL of those because Lupus is an autoimmune system disease it causes your immune system to be weak which would explain you getting sick a lot. Good luck!

I had the same thing, it turned out to be a vitamin B12 deficiency. Check out your b12 levels.

i have had many of the problems you are talking about since i was about 8yrs old. the last year has been the worst so far, pain fatigue sleep problems depression etc etc etc i am 36 married with 2 sons and everyday life can be a bit tough sometimes. i was diagnosed a few months ago with fibro, after almost 30yrs of tests. i take herbal supplements and a strong pain killer if really needed. i try to avoid as much drugs as possible ( i work in a pharmacy and see first hand people addicted to prescription medication). i went to see a dr who has spent the last ten years researching this and she gave me alot of hope that it is fixable. this may not be what you have but you could look into it more ,it may be.good luck

I have episodes like this were i'll be sick back to back for months, usually it starts as an ear infection then tonsilitis, then sinus infection turns into an upper respitory and then it turns into asthma or pnemonia.
My best advice for you is f*ck the doctors!!! Stop taking antibiotics because since u been on them so long your starting to become immune to them, especially penacillin. I have the same problem with lazy and dumb doctors, in 2008 i must of spent over $6,000 on anti-biotics and albuteral.
You need to build up your immune system, start eating healthier, drink a lot of water and take a daily vitamin. As for lupus and b12 diffincency you never know... but the symptoms would be a lot worse. I have B12 diffincency and you would be having more neurological symptoms like noticable muscle twitches, and screwed up motor function. And lupus, you would be in too much pain to get out of bed at all.
So finish your antibiotics your on now, for the broncitis get an inhaler or you can go to a clinic and have nebulizer treatments(like an inhaler 10x better) that will help the pain in your chest, RIGHT AWAY start taking a daily vitamin, drinking REAL fruit juice and add healthy food to your life that are high in fiber and vitamins.
When i feel like im getting sick i stop eating everything beside fruit and start drinking as much water as i can and fruit juice, have a few glasses of metamucal and do a clense... sometimes it works and i end up remaining healthy, sometimes its too much to late...
Good luck and try to cut the doctors off.. UNLESS it gets bad... i would recommend if you go back to a doctor its an ear, nose and throat doctor.

I have had similar problems and am finding that a little bit of all of the previous posts are true. I started going to a rheumatologist. Before i went i knew i had b12 deficit but she tested me for some other deficiencies also my Vitamin D is low (which causes physical pain joints/bones) She gave me some paperwork on fibromyalgia and it sounded like me. i have bronchitis right now but i think i over did it doing house repairs and runningout of vitamins. I now take vitamin D, a b12 supplement, omega-3 and I am supposed to start glucosamine chondritin before my next appointment. So far taking the OTC supplements are helping a bunch. The b12 shot put me in the hospital (allergic reaction to the preservative) another thing i did on my own just to try because i have a lot of problems with my stomach is try eating gluten free and more fresh fruit/veggies my stomach feels much better and I am better able to absorb the nutrients i need. Oh I also had a sleep study done i stop breathing sometimes but not enough to warrant concern? not sure about that part - it did help explain some of the fatigue.

I was born with what you are going through. I am 31 one now and I see a genetics doctor for my problems. I have been diagnosed with streptococcus bacteria in the sinuses. I was on antibiotics since birth but stop taking them at 18 because of no prevail. My current practitioner said it is very difficult to kill and the easiest but the most dangerous is go on very high dosages of antibiotics for 4-6 months. Around 10 times your normal dosage. We are trying different steps with a mixture of natural medicines using a nebulizer. Another thing for your fatigue is to get checked for Mercury toxicity. If you have any silver fillings get them removed. Mercury toxicity is the #1 cause of fatigue. Since I started my mercury detox(increase your Glutathione levels & DMSO) my fatigue has decreased. Hope this helps. May the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Hi there, tahnks for posting on your experiences and it's helpful to know that you're actually experienced in this sort of issue. How long ago were you diagnosed with it? Thanks for letting us know about it. Do you have any tips or hints on how to deal with it?

Sounds like you should see a hematologist (blood doctor) regarding your lab results.

hi Jonesy-viva,
Im feeling all the above symptoms too. My inner ear has been in pain nine months and just recently my heart flip flop and bad heartburn and heart hurt for 3 weeks also my throat sore flu syptoms and extremely tired going to get a ct scan of my inner ear already tried zpak and steriods for my ear and pain came back month later. Please let me know if you have got good results or info, im at a lost too

For any unexplained sinusitus, bronchitus, chronic pain, lung pain and temp, ask your doctor to ck you for valley fever also known as coccidiodomycosis. respiratory illnesses can be caused by fungal

dust spores.     This is a bad one. When you get this, there is NO CURE. You put it into remission.

You get an active case of this stuff, dont take any steroids for inflamation. Steroids are like gasoline for it....

Ive had it three times.

Be well

Clifford in NM